• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NHL 2018/2019 Season

Rangers open up post ASG with Philly with Georgiev in net and Zucc our because of a foot issue. It will be interesting to see how the roster is handled in the 2nd half of the season. Will the young guys get more playing time? Who are we going to deal and who will we keep?

Rangers beat the Devils 4-3 behind a hat trick and 4 pts from Zbad. The Zbad-Zucc-Krieder line is one of the best in hockey.

Great possibility that its Zucc's last home game in the garden tonight. Hayes too. If they let them play.

Kris Letang has had an amazing season. Should win the Norris Trophy this season
Letang has been great but not sure if he is top 3 at this point. Giordano for Calgary is scoring a point/game and is a +29, best of all defensmen.

Letang is definitely the biggest hitter out of the favorites.

Letang has been great but not sure if he is top 3 at this point. Giordano for Calgary is scoring a point/game and is a +29, best of all defensmen.

Letang is definitely the biggest hitter out of the favorites.

All he has been through in his career from the stroke etc to be doing what he is doing is nothing short of amazing. Talking heads for the most part think he is the one to beat.

15 goals and 37 assists in 58 games

Giordano 13 goals and 45 assists in 58 games

All he has been through in his career from the stroke etc to be doing what he is doing is nothing short of amazing. Talking heads for the most part think he is the one to beat.

15 goals and 37 assists in 58 games

Giordano 13 goals and 45 assists in 58 games
Betting sites have him as the 5th favorite or worse at this point. Lots of season to go though.

Zuccarello is now a Dallas Star and I want to puke. A conditional 2nd and 3rd round pick(both could be 1sts under the right circumstances)???

The only way I am happy about this is if the Rangers re-sign him next year because he is a free agent after this year is done.

Last edited:

f9nihgdi1gi21.jpg

Zuccarello is now a Dallas Star and I want to puke. A conditional 2nd and 3rd round pick(both could be 1sts under the right circumstances)???

The only way I am happy about this is if the Rangers re-sign him next year because he is a free agent after this year is done.

Very rare for a guy to resign for the team who traded him after a trade dead line deal. I would not put any money on it

Yeah not a good deal at all for the Rangers at first blush. See the tweet below on how these become first rounders. Odds are not in the Rangers favor with Dallas barely clinging to a wild card spot. Highly doubtful they win two Playoff rounds. Or resign him for that matter. First blush not a good deal

Then again the McDonough and Miller trade a year later not looking so hot either. Yes I understand its early and some of the prospects could shine but right now a year into it not looking good.

Last edited:

Hayes to Winnipeg for Lemieux and a 1st + a conditional. Not bad...Lemieux has some promise. If Quinn can turn him around like he has DeAngelo so far, he will turn out pretty good.

Last edited:
Hayes to Winnipeg for Lemieux and a 1st + a conditional. Not bad...Lemieux has some promise. If Quinn can turn him around like he has DeAngelo so far, he will turn out pretty good.

Keep in mind it will be a low first round pick based on where Winnipeg sits in the standings. Not a lottery pick first rounder.

Lemieux is considered a bottom six forward a grinder type of player. Nowhere near as good as his dad Claude was.

Not sold on this trade I think they could have done better.

If I were Winnipeg I would be ecstatic with this deal.

Last edited:

Keep in mind it will be a low first round pick based on where Winnipeg sits in the standings. Not a lottery pick first rounder.

Lemieux is considered a bottom six forward a grinder type of player. Nowhere near as good as his dad Claude was.

Not sold on this trade I think they could have done better.

If I were Winnipeg I would be ecstatic with this deal.
It has to be a top 3 pick for it not to be the Rangers pick.

And we are not looking for Lemieux to be a top line forward. He is more of a grinder and banger which is what McQuaid was for us. His biggest negative is that he was immature and took bad penalties which he has cleaned up this year. He has taken 8 penalties and drawn 17 this year. That differential is better than every Ranger on the roster. The Rangers need someone that brings toughness and doesn't back down. Every team needs that. I am guessing he turns into a fan favorite because if he plays smart, that type of player is always popular. Lots of Jets fans have praised him on the Rangers reddit page.

And I think we did great on this trade as Hayes was an UFA and we were not going to pay him his market value. We are likely getting a 1st, a role player and possibly a 4th as well.

Much better than the Zuccarello deal which might not get us more than a 2nd and 3rd in two different drafts for a player that was the heart and soul of the team.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back