• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NHL 2018/2019 Season

Rangers are a disaster right now. On the post game show first time I heard the guys (mostly former Rangers) talking about how Lunquist may have had enough of this experiment and choose to move on. Feeling being the Rangers have only as good as they have because Lindquist has kept them in it. Also Hayes who at 26 and an unrestricted free agent may want to move on too. He had a career year last year with 25 goals and on his way to 20+ goals this season and never played less than 76 games in 5 NHL seasons. Going to be a rough time the rest of this season as some of the youth is not performing for various reasons

People have to realize that this is a rebuild for the Rangers. The better than expected start got people excited but they are not close to being there yet and not even close to having the roster thats needed to compete for championships.I thought the defense would be better but it sucks still. Get rid of Ruff as a defensive coach and get what we can get for Shattenkirk and Stall.

If Lundqvist wants to go, I have no issues with getting some great defensive prospects for him. Many of the players that might want to move on already knew that they were likely to be moving on anyway. Zuccarello said a month ago that he expects to be traded. Our next star goalie is Russian and his contract ends in April. Might as well get him some minutes to get used to the NHL.

i think the Rangers have the right coach but need to scrap the older guys sooner rather than later. Andersson isn't getting enough minutes.

Last edited:
People have to realize that this is a rebuild for the Rangers. The better than expected start got people excited but they are not close to being there yet and not even close to having the roster thats needed to compete for championships.I thought the defense would be better but it sucks still. Get rid of Ruff as a defensive coach and get what we can get for Shattenkirk and Stall.

If Lundqvist wants to go, I have no issues with getting some great defensive prospects for him. Many of the players that might want to move on already knew that they were likely to be moving on anyway. Zuccarello said a month ago that he expects to be traded. Our next star goalie is Russian and his contract ends in April. Might as well get him some minutes to get used to the NHL.

i think the Rangers have the right coach but need to scrap the older guys sooner rather than later. Andersson isn't getting enough minutes.

Oh I think people understand that and are onboard but with that being said there are some youngsters who are being given a chance and in a few cases are not taking the bull by the horns. In addition you can not just toss all the veterans out the door. I get Zuc he is 31. Quite honestly they need to make that trade sooner than later because its weighing on him and the team and he has been up front up about that. Hayes you sign him to the contract he has earned. He and Krieder are the guys you build the team around. Still young and talented and the leaders in the room of the younger guys.

At 35 your not going to get high draft picks for Lunquist even if he goes to a contender and is the difference in winning a cup. In the end I think he stays and finishes his career as a Ranger

I am not totally sold on Quinn yet. Or the GM for that matter. Rupp is a mentor and a teacher with a proven track record he needs to stay

People need to buckle up as its going to be a rough ride before it gets better. As long as progress and the right moves are being made most folks will be onboard. I'm still good as I get it and what they ate trying to do even if I don't totally agree with how they ate doing it

Oh I think people understand that and are onboard but with that being said there are some youngsters who are being given a chance and in a few cases are not taking the bull by the horns. In addition you can not just toss all the veterans out the door. I get Zuc he is 31. Quite honestly they need to make that trade sooner than later because its weighing on him and the team and he has been up front up about that. Hayes you sign him to the contract he has earned. He and Krieder are the guys you build the team around. Still young and talented and the leaders in the room of the younger guys.

At 35 your not going to get high draft picks for Lunquist even if he goes to a contender and is the difference in winning a cup. In the end I think he stays and finishes his career as a Ranger

I am not totally sold on Quinn yet. Or the GM for that matter. Rupp is a mentor and a teacher with a proven track record he needs to stay

People need to buckle up as its going to be a rough ride before it gets better. As long as progress and the right moves are being made most folks will be onboard. I'm still good as I get it and what they ate trying to do even if I don't totally agree with how they ate doing it
Defense has been the Rangers issue for quite some time now. I don't think Ruff has changed with the game and I think new coaching blood is needed to get our defensive system working.

And I think Quinn has done a great job all things considered.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back