• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NHL 2017-18

Nash and Grabner are not playing tonight...they might not ever play for the Rangers again. Its that time of year.

Rangers lose 3-1 and lose Grabner to the Devils.:Puke:

In return, we get a young promising defenseman in Yegor Rykov and a 2nd round pick in the 2018 draft.Gotta get Rykov to leave Russia for the NHL which doesn't sound like a sure thing at this point.

Krieder back for the Rangers against Minnesota tonight. Georgiev back in goal again.

Last edited:

Georgiev looking pretty good in goal. After two, 2-1 Wild. Rangers only have 12 SOG.

Think we will get a first for Nash?
Hard to tell but the team wants to stockpile young talent. I think Nash is gone for sure and I think McDonagh is as well but that might happen in the offseason because the Rangers want a lot for him.

I am torn on Zuccarello because he is the Rangers best playmaker and one of my favorites but I also don't want him to have to play through a rebuild. It would suck for Lundqvist as well but his contract is probably going to keep him in Ranger blue.

Ryan Lindgren a defenseman was a second round draft pick by Boston in 2016. He is 20 and most recently played for the University of Minnesota (which is his home state) for two seasons. Has also thus far played at every level for the USMNT.

Ryan Spooner a forward is 26 and was also a second round draft pick by Boston in 2010. With the Bruins this season he has 9 goals and 16 assists. He had 11 goals (39 points) in the 16-17 season and 13 (49 points) in the 15-16 season for Boston.

Matt Beleskey a forward is 29. His best season was with the Ducks in in the 14-15 season with 22 goals and 10 assists. A serious knee injury and other issues have curtailed his playing time the past few seasons and saw a bit of a downward spiral including a stint in the AHL this season. He is a $3.8 M cap hit for the next two seasons.

Last edited:
FYI

In addition, the Rangers retaining 50 percent of Nash's $7.8 million cap hit, the Bruins will retain part of Beleskey's $3.8 million hit. Beleskey's contract runs out after the 2019 season, so it's unlikely that he'll be part of the Rangers' long-term plans. He's struggled to even get on the ice for the Bruins, although the move may help him as he goes from a contender to a team that just needs direction.

Spooner will also be a free agent after this season, although his situation is trickier for the Rangers. Depending on how quick they expect their turnaround to be, he may be worth retaining after the season is up.

It's the kind of move you expect between a rebuilding team and the hottest team in hockey that has pushed itself into the Cup conversation. The Bruins get a proven veteran that helps this season but may not beyond it, whereas the Rangers get a solid package that includes a prospect, two picks, a player in his prime and a salary dump for the contender. It's a rare trade that it feels like both sides win, but this move makes a lot a sense for everyone involved

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/...ck-nash-headed-to-bruins-in-blockbuster-deal/

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back