• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Playoff Discussion

I’ve been thinking along those same lines. Only 1 upset out of all of those games, and mostly blowouts. It’s a bad look for the NFL.
Still a small sample size, but the 7 seeds are 0-4 with an average margin of defeat of 13 points.

I forgot that last year there were a decent number of upsets (according to the seeds). The 5 and 6 seeds won Wild Card games last year in both the AFC and NFC, and Tampa was a #5 seed, so they won three-straight road games. Granted, Tampa was probably the most talented #5 seed since the 2002 realignment and played one of the weakest #4 seeds in years with Washington.

Last edited:

So, I'm going with:
Cincy (Because I want the Chiefs to host next week)
Green Bay (Because it's going to be freaking cold, and Rodgers can't go 0-4 against SF in the playoffs can he?)
Tampa Bay (Because I don't think the Rams will be able to keep up with Tampa in a shootout)
Kansas City (Because it's the Chiefs at home, and this isn't week 5)

So, I'm going with:
Cincy (Because I want the Chiefs to host next week)
Green Bay (Because it's going to be freaking cold, and Rodgers can't go 0-4 against SF in the playoffs can he?)
Tampa Bay (Because I don't think the Rams will be able to keep up with Tampa in a shootout)
Kansas City (Because it's the Chiefs at home, and this isn't week 5)

I like it. I kind of want the Rams to beat the Bucs, but with Suh and Lavonte David both playing for the Bucs, I can still support them.

Last edited:

Titans-Because I'm a fan and in Nashville. Not a Cincy or Joe Burrow fan. Of the other playoff teams left Tennessee is 4-0 against them. They beat Kansas City, Buffalo, the Rams, and the Niners. The Rams and Niners were wins without Derrek Henry. This team isn't getting any respect due to a couple head scratching losses, but the AFC goes through Nashville.

Green Bay-Can't see the Niner's winning in Lambeau

Rams-they are the better team

Chiefs-only because it is in KC.

There does seem to be a pretty bright line with respect to those teams that belong and those that don’t. But the Raiders did give Cincy a pretty good game. If they stay with this model, there are bound to be some up and down years.

At least my 49ers won on the road - but may now have some injury issues. Well - on to frigid Green Bay…

Yep. Such is the nature of postseason in any sport.

There are great March Madness tournaments, and there's duds. It happens.

That said, we've only gone through one round of the NFL playoffs.

Titans-Because I'm a fan and in Nashville. Not a Cincy or Joe Burrow fan. Of the other playoff teams left Tennessee is 4-0 against them. They beat Kansas City, Buffalo, the Rams, and the Niners. The Rams and Niners were wins without Derrek Henry. This team isn't getting any respect due to a couple head scratching losses, but the AFC goes through Nashville.

Green Bay-Can't see the Niner's winning in Lambeau

Rams-they are the better team

Chiefs-only because it is in KC.

I think Vrabel is just a helluva coach.

There's no logical reason why the Titans should be that good. Tannehill wasn't not nearly as good this season. Henry missed several games. And yet here they are.

If I lived in Tennessee (now or previously), I'd root for the Titans. But, since I have no TN connections, I'll root for Zac Taylor's team.

Yep. Such is the nature of postseason in any sport.

There are great March Madness tournaments, and there's duds. It happens.

That said, we've only gone through one round of the NFL playoffs.
March madness, that first Thursday and Friday are the best two days in sports. If one doesn’t have to leave the house, it’s a great 2 days to just eat, drink and watch basketball while one watches their brackets blow up. As good as it gets.

My predictions for today:

Titans 42, Bengals 32 in a shootout (I’m cheering for the Bengals, but the Titans will have Henry back, and that guy is a game-changer)

Packers 27, 49ers 13. Jimmy G turns the ball over at least once.
My head tells me you’re right, but my heart says that conditions in Green Bay favor the better running team, which is SF by a small margin. However, since the Packers enjoy such a home field advantage and Jimmy G. is ALWAYS good for a turnover at the absolute worst time, it will likely end up as you predict (or worse).

Hope springs eternal - I say 49ers by a FG in a low scoring game…

March madness, that first Thursday and Friday are the best two days in sports. If one doesn’t have to leave the house, it’s a great 2 days to just eat, drink and watch basketball while one watches their brackets blow up. As good as it gets.

It is definitely my favorite two days of sports.

It's never a bad couple of days, but some years, those first two days are nuts with plenty of upsets and buzzer beaters, other years I feel a bit disappointed that it wasn't quite as crazy as I'd hoped.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back