• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Playoff Discussion

Kingsbury may return next season, but his seat is very hot.

Arizona started the season 7-0 -- the last team to be undefeated. They were then 4-6 to finish the regular season, and 4-7 including tonight (assuming they don't pull off a 4th quarter miracle). And lost 5 of their last 7. Brutal.

Kingsbury may return next season, but his seat is very hot.

Arizona started the season 7-0 -- the last team to be undefeated. They were then 4-6 to finish the regular season, and 4-7 including tonight (assuming they don't pull off a 4th quarter miracle). And lost 5 of their last 7. Brutal.
I’m hearing they may very well fire him. What’s funny is, Arizona is probably a year ahead of schedule.

Murray isn’t a guy I consider in my top young quarterbacks. He seems flawed and his height is an issue. I wouldn’t want him as my quarterback.
He had the 2nd highest completion % in the NFL. The Cardinals weakness is the OL. They need to invest there to protect him. He is a generational talent, despite his height. He is running for his life far too often. That’s said, just run out of the end zone, don’t throw the ball over your head like that. Boneheaded play. He lost his poise and it was downhill from there.

He had the 2nd highest completion % in the NFL. The Cardinals weakness is the OL. They need to invest there to protect him. He is a generational talent, despite his height. He is running for his life far too often. That’s said, just run out of the end zone, don’t throw the ball over your head like that. Boneheaded play. He lost his poise and it was downhill from there.
Agree his line is awful, plus he is without his top wr and he is pretty banged up (his ability to scramble was a key part of his game).

Husker fans are quite familiar with what happens when a mobile qb is forced to be a pocket passer. No bueno.

Agree his line is awful, plus he is without his top wr and he is pretty banged up (his ability to scramble was a key part of his game).

Husker fans are quite familiar with what happens when a mobile qb is forced to be a pocket passer. No bueno.
In my opinion if they aren’t excellent pocket passers they won’t make it long term in the NFL. Kid from Baltimore top example right now. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Allen get hurt and be done in the next couple seasons. There’s a reason Brady and Rogers are always two of the best. Mobile quarterbacks still fail in the NFL.

In my opinion if they aren’t excellent pocket passers they won’t make it long term in the NFL. Kid from Baltimore top example right now. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Allen get hurt and be done in the next couple seasons. There’s a reason Brady and Rogers are always two of the best. Mobile quarterbacks still fail in the NFL.
Yea guys like mahomes, rodgers, alex smith, etc that can run but rely more on their arm and also know to avoid the hits tend to last longer than the ones who rely a lot on their legs. Allen can still sling it, and expect his rushing attempts to reduce as he gets more experience.

Murray isn’t a guy I consider in my top young quarterbacks. He seems flawed and his height is an issue. I wouldn’t want him as my quarterback.
He is getting flamed by fans here. They paid a lot of money for him and he was slinging that ball like he was on a playground. He is talented but the Klingsbury offense has been deep throws and quick scores. That doesn’t usually work in the playoffs.

So, Super Wild Card Weekend was a dud. SF/Dallas and LV/Cincy ended up being close at the end, but both SF and Cincy were well into the 80's in terms of win probability through much of the second half of their games.

I think the NFL got a bit greedy (which isn't a huge surprise) in creating a 17-game schedule and expanding the playoffs to 14 teams. The extra regular season game means extra wear and tear on teams, especially marginal playoff teams. I think it showed this weekend that the top teams, for the most part, avoid being worn down at the end of the season. Those 7 seeds have to grind it out the last couple weeks.

So, Super Wild Card Weekend was a dud. SF/Dallas and LV/Cincy ended up being close at the end, but both SF and Cincy were well into the 80's in terms of win probability through much of the second half of their games.

I think the NFL got a bit greedy (which isn't a huge surprise) in creating a 17-game schedule and expanding the playoffs to 14 teams. The extra regular season game means extra wear and tear on teams, especially marginal playoff teams. I think it showed this weekend that the top teams, for the most part, avoid being worn down at the end of the season. Those 7 seeds have to grind it out the last couple weeks.

I’ve been thinking along those same lines. Only 1 upset out of all of those games, and mostly blowouts. It’s a bad look for the NFL.

I’ve been thinking along those same lines. Only 1 upset out of all of those games, and mostly blowouts. It’s a bad look for the NFL.
There does seem to be a pretty bright line with respect to those teams that belong and those that don’t. But the Raiders did give Cincy a pretty good game. If they stay with this model, there are bound to be some up and down years.

At least my 49ers won on the road - but may now have some injury issues. Well - on to frigid Green Bay…

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back