• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Talent

2010sAreNeverComingBack

some guy
2 Year Member
Got a week and a half until the next game, and approximately 800 threads all discussing the same topic, so here's a thread for a change of pace.

Which current Husker players on the 2 deep do you see as draft prospects, or as making a potential run at an NFL roster? There are only 8 seniors (with Honas seeking an extra year of eligibility), so there are 7 guys where this year is definitively their last. Probably some juniors who will decide or be encouraged to leave, but many of the rest will have another year to get more exposure & improve. I'm only including guys who are in at least their third year and draft-eligible.

I'm a subpar NFL evaluator, so I'll start.

Offense:
Samari Toure, Austin Allen, Cam Jurgens. Vokolek, Manning, & Martinez not out of the question depending on next year.

Defense:

Ben Stille, Damion Daniels, JoJo Domann, Marquel Dismuke, Deontai Williams, Cam Taylor-Britt. Payne, Tannor, & Thomas not out of the question depending on next year.

Pal when you put Martinez and NFL in the same sentence calling yourself a subpar evaluator is an understatement .

Pal when you put Martinez and NFL in the same sentence calling yourself a subpar evaluator is an understatement .
You never know! I don't think Martinez is NFL caliber either but several players that were underwhelming at Nebraska find their ways on NFL rosters.

I don't think you understand the NFL's desperation for QBs & coaching ranks replete with gurus who believe they can mold & develop anyone with the physical frame & tools. Tanner Lee got drafted in the 6th round.

Teams will kick the tires on AM as a developmental guy, and his athletic ability may get him a look at another position if he'd consider it - remains to be seen whether there'll be a serious buyer.

I happened to watch the Huskers play Michigan at my buddy’s home down in Champa, FL a few weeks ago. A few of his guys who draft players for him were there too. Only CTB & Doman were even mentioned for us but Several Wolverines were discussed, including their DE who was effectively shut down that game. AM won’t likely get drafted.

If Allen continues to have as good a year as he is having. I think he could be a middle round draft pick. Six foot nine 260lb TE with nice hands, that can also block are always needed.
There is no doubt. He is the fifth rated TE in the country right now

AM will ace an NFL interview as he is a very respectful intelligent young man.

AM will ace passing drills with no pass rush.

AM will not be in the NFL as soon as a real life pass rush is introduced.

A few have a shot - CTB, Domain, Allen might be drafted, - I have no idea on linemen. Maybe Reimers as a FA.

Can't see anyone even picking up AM in FA, but maybe he might get a shot at one of these other leagues that pop up now and then. No chance at changing positions at this stage in his life. He is only an ordinary athlete - straight line speed, no elusiveness, does not like to hit or be hit.

CTB as a mid-round safety but he needs another year of college to put more on tape. I don't think he's fast enough to play corner in the league.

Domann will absolutely, hands down, play in the NFL. He is a fantastic player with elite speed.

Jurgens will absolutely play in the NFL. Outside of penalties for being too mean, he's a great blocker and athlete.
Allen will likely get on as a mid rounder. Vokolek will probably get on as a UFA and make a squad because of his versatility as a blocker.

AM will get picked up as a UFA if he leaves this year. I think another year here against a softer schedule would get him drafted in a late round.

I think several of our young OL are future prospects, but they need 3-4 years of lifting and technique to get there.

But for this upcoming draft? Domann and Allen are all I see.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back