• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Playoffs

I should have stuck with my initial statement that Pittsburgh is a fraud. While I thought they'd be exposed regardless, Cleveland minus half their coaching staff and two key starters -- not practicing all week -- due to the Covid -- well, that's unbelievable what they did. Makes the Steelers even bigger frauds than I thought they were.

I also claimed Tampa to be a fraud. Their defense was exposed by a QB plucked out of aisle five two weeks ago (who actually outgraded Brady) .. so the Buccaneers clock is ticking as well.

While the Steelers collapsing was great to watch, I was really surprised by how ineffective Henry and the rest of the Tennessee offense were against Baltimore. Baltimore came to play, and could make things interesting against Buffalo. If I'm a Tennessee fan, I would be upset with Vrabel. Punting on 4th and 1 at the Baltimore 40yd line in the fourth quarter. Unacceptable. I think it also showed why Tannehill isn't QB that can be mentioned with the top QB's in the league. When his 2000 yard RB can't get it going, Tannehill finished 18/26 for less than 200 yards with 1TD and 1INT. In a home playoff game, your $118M QB has to come up with a better performance.

Four of the six games featured the road team winning. The only home teams to win were the 2 seeds. I haven't looked into it, but I can't think of another year under the 6-team playoff format where WC weekend featured all the home teams losing.

Right now, I'm going to stick with my original prediction of KC/Buffalo and GB/Tampa in the championship games.

I thought this was interesting. I looked up where Tannehill ranks as a QB, in terms of salary for the 2020 season, and here are the top 5 QB's in total cash earned this season:

Russell Wilson-$53M
Kirk Cousins-$40M
Carson Wentz-$39M
Ryan Tannehill-$37M
Dak Prescott-$31M

That's a lot of money going to guys that won 0 playoff games this season.

While the Steelers collapsing was great to watch, I was really surprised by how ineffective Henry and the rest of the Tennessee offense were against Baltimore. Baltimore came to play, and could make things interesting against Buffalo. If I'm a Tennessee fan, I would be upset with Vrabel. Punting on 4th and 1 at the Baltimore 40yd line in the fourth quarter. Unacceptable. I think it also showed why Tannehill isn't QB that can be mentioned with the top QB's in the league. When his 2000 yard RB can't get it going, Tannehill finished 18/26 for less than 200 yards with 1TD and 1INT. In a home playoff game, your $118M QB has to come up with a better performance.

Four of the six games featured the road team winning. The only home teams to win were the 2 seeds. I haven't looked into it, but I can't think of another year under the 6-team playoff format where WC weekend featured all the home teams losing.

Right now, I'm going to stick with my original prediction of KC/Buffalo and GB/Tampa in the championship games.
As you can imagine, in Nashville that 4th down call is getting alot of airtime on sports talk. It wasn't even so much not going for it. But you have 2nd and 2 and the best back in the game. What do you do? Two incomplete passes and a 25 yard punt. Arthur Smith is a hell of a coordinator and will get many head coaching offers this year but you have the best back in the NFL and you get cute.

As you can imagine, in Nashville that 4th down call is getting alot of airtime on sports talk. It wasn't even so much not going for it. But you have 2nd and 2 and the best back in the game. What do you do? Two incomplete passes and a 25 yard punt. Arthur Smith is a hell of a coordinator and will get many head coaching offers this year but you have the best back in the NFL and you get cute.
a great between the tackles RB in a short yardage situation and the play calling gets cute, man that really sounds familiar....

Not gonna brag, on my championship game picks, but I think these are the 4 best teams from top to bottom in the NFL during the regular season.

I gotta give Andy Reid credit for calling a pass on 4th and 1 at midfield with a 5-point lead and Chad Henne in as QB. I was about to throw my remote through the wall when Henne rolled out, but Reid knows best. However, Mahomes only plays against Buffalo if he's 100% ready. Anything less than that and IMO it's not worth it. This coaching staff can game plan for 1 game without Mahomes, but you don't risk your team's future next week. Not with it.

Not gonna brag, on my championship game picks, but I think these are the 4 best teams from top to bottom in the NFL during the regular season.

I gotta give Andy Reid credit for calling a pass on 4th and 1 at midfield with a 5-point lead and Chad Henne in as QB. I was about to throw my remote through the wall when Henne rolled out, but Reid knows best. However, Mahomes only plays against Buffalo if he's 100% ready. Anything less than that and IMO it's not worth it. This coaching staff can game plan for 1 game without Mahomes, but you don't risk your team's future next week. Not with it.

I'm assuming Mahomes is going to have to pass the concussion protocols to play. His other injuries (turf toe?), he could probably choose to play through (I'm guess he would). But he won't be able to play through a concussion, if the doctors say no. Reid has always been a gambler in play calling. I experienced it frequently living in Philly when Reid was coaching the Eagles. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it backfired -- and the Philly fans raked him over the coals for it. Andy Reid is great for the game of football.

I found it painful watching Drew Brees play poorly in what is probably his last ever game.

I will be rooting for Green Bay and Buffalo. I was happy for Reid and the Chiefs last season (wouldn't be bummed if they won it again) -- but I really, really enjoy watching the Bills and that city deserves a championship maybe more than any other.

I briefly watched New Orleans vs New England game. Tied 20-20 score. I thought Brees and Brady retired a couple of years ago.

I found it painful watching Drew Brees play poorly in what is probably his last ever game.

I will be rooting for Green Bay and Buffalo. I was happy for Reid and the Chiefs last season (wouldn't be bummed if they won it again) -- but I really, really enjoy watching the Bills and that city deserves a championship maybe more than any other.

Agree with all of this. I really like KC and root for them 9 times out of 10, but Buffalo is also fun to watch and the chemistry on that team is amazing. They are so athletic on defense as well, I can see a wire to wire battle with KC even if Mahomes plays.

As woozy as PM was after that hit though ... I'll be surprised he gets through protocol. Man that's a much more fun game to watch though if he does.

As for Brees, ya I'm a fan and hated to see that today, it was messy. Bucs D was just super good, Brees was never able to establish a modicum of rhythm and it is amazing to me Michael Thomas had zero receptions. :wow:

Agree with all of this. I really like KC and root for them 9 times out of 10, but Buffalo is also fun to watch and the chemistry on that team is amazing. They are so athletic on defense as well, I can see a wire to wire battle with KC even if Mahomes plays.

As woozy as PM was after that hit though ... I'll be surprised he gets through protocol. Man that's a much more fun game to watch though if he does.

As for Brees, ya I'm a fan and hated to see that today, it was messy. Bucs D was just super good, Brees was never able to establish a modicum of rhythm and it is amazing to me Michael Thomas had zero receptions. :wow:

The hit to his head really didn't look that bad. Not sure how he actually got the concussion. But his bell was RUNG!

His wife, and then he, posted on Twitter he was fine.

I love Pittsburgh and New Orleans. Both my teams are out now. That stinks. I really wanted to see Brees get one more Championship but that is not gonna happen. I severely dislike the ravens so I was very happy to see them get beat Saturday night. I don't like Green Bay or Tampa Bay so I don't care who wins that one but I do like KC because of Mahomes. I really wish A. Martinez could be more like Mahomes. I'm hoping for a Kansas City vs Tampa Bay Super Bowl. Geaux Chiefs!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back