• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Playoffs 1/28 - 49ers at Eagles, Bengals at Chiefs

Would have been 28-17 Philly had Purdy stayed in -- best case scenario for San Fran. Niners were a sloppy mess all day. And the Eagles could run on their defense -- unlike just about anyone else.

Purdy had no chance against the #1 pass defense, #1 sack total in the NFL. He would have been assaulted several more times had he not gone out with an elbow injury. Never faced a team near that level of pressure.

Niners were gifted with 9 of their last 12 games at home before today. And San Fran only played ONE playoff team the last 8 regular season games -- and that was a rotten Tampa team that only got in the playoffs because the worst division in football had to send somebody to the postseason.

The Niners haven't had an upper-level QB in many years. That's not how they win football games. Hurts matters more to Philly's offense than Purdy or Jimmy G. Neither would be special elsewhere.
they played the chargers, then the dolphins, seahawks and tampa bay in three straight weeks so your data is flawed.

It is also an assumption that sf wouldn't have adjusted to the rush if Purdy was still in..sf was moving the ball when he got hurt and fumbled. Burrows git sacked 4 times early and then not for a long spell.

your the last paragraph supports why sf would have been competitive if purdy stayed in...sf has a lot of talent on o also, but with no throwing threat it was over.

I thought the officiating sucked as a whole but especially in the 4th quarter

I had no rooting interest for either team

I think Cincinnati got jobbed

Eh there was really only one penalty on Cincy that I thought was ticky tack, other than that they were all self inflicted, especially the late hit

they played the chargers, then the dolphins, seahawks and tampa bay in three straight weeks so your data is flawed.

It is also an assumption that sf wouldn't have adjusted to the rush if Purdy was still in..sf was moving the ball when he got hurt and fumbled. Burrows git sacked 4 times early and then not for a long spell.

your the last paragraph supports why sf would have been competitive if purdy stayed in...sf has a lot of talent on o also, but with no throwing threat it was over.

My bad on the schedule. I had deleted the wild card round from my brain since my Eagles were too damn good to play in it.

Purdy led the Niners to a 25-yard drive that ended with him getting blown up. Purdy would not have had much success passing all day had he remained in. And again, he would have been hammered more than the one series.

The beauty of your hypotheticals is that they are hypotheticals. The better team won. There isn't a person outside of the Bay Area that would say otherwise.

I'm not sure why you decided to go after me, but I have no problem dishing it back. ;)

Cry Niners Cry!

Fly Eagles Fly!

:Happyrun::Dancebroc:

Looking forward to seeing Trey Lance next season.

Last edited:

1B38855A-180A-4807-9578-92F871BE8474.jpeg

6-2? not a good comparison. tom coughlin has 2, i dont think ppl consider him a legend. i dont even consider jimmy johnson a legend. 2 isnt good enough, they have to do more. how did they change the game? what is reids influence on the game? sidehanded throws, scrambling from the pocket, those belong to mahomes, not reid. And its nothing new, steve young, randall cunningham scrambled long before mahomes came along.

reid - 1 championship outta 24 tries = 4% rate
walsh - 3 championships outta 9 tries = 33% rate

walsh - developed the West coast offense
reid - ?

2 just doesnt get you there, 3 however does. Belichick, Chunk Noll, Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs.....

PS, he gets into the HOF even with 1 SB win.

Andy Reid was also an offensive assistant with the Packers (including Brett Favre's QB coach) with a Super Bowl ring from the '96 season.

Reid is the only head coach in NFL history to win 100 games with two franchises.

He's 1 of only 9 coaches to have won 200 or more games in an NFL head coaching career.

Andy has had a total of 3 losing seasons in 24 years as an NFL head coach. Bill Walsh, as you mentioned, had 3 losing seasons in 10 years as a head coach. Bill Belichick was a losing coach with his first head coaching gig in Cleveland -- 1 winning season in 5 years. Reid's consistency in winning over a long span of time is hard to match.

Yesterday was Reid's 10th conference championship appearance in 23 seasons -- that's highly impressive.

Andy Reid is one of only 3 coaches in NFL history with 20 or more playoff victories.

Andy Reid has also developed a quality coaching tree. 11 of his assistants have gone on to become head coaches -- including John Harbaugh, Ron Rivera, Doug Pederson, and Sean McDermott.

I'm not sure you realize how much of an offensive innovator Reid is widely considered to be -- at Green Bay, Philadelphia, and KC. He has consistently been responsible for highly productive offenses long before Mahomes. You'll find countless articles discussing this online.

Last edited:

Andy Reid was also an offensive assistant with the Packers (including Brett Favre's QB coach) with a Super Bowl ring from the '96 season.

Reid is the only head coach in NFL history to win 100 games with two franchises.

He's 1 of only 9 coaches to have won 200 or more games in an NFL head coaching career.

Andy has had a total of 3 losing seasons in 24 years as an NFL head coach. Bill Walsh, as you mentioned, had 3 losing seasons in 10 years as a head coach. Bill Belichick was a losing coach with his first head coaching gig in Cleveland -- 1 winning season in 5 years. Reid's consistency in winning over a long span of time is hard to match.

Yesterday was Reid's 10th conference championship appearance in 23 seasons -- that's highly impressive.

Andy Reid is one of only 3 coaches in NFL history with 20 or more playoff victories.

Andy Reid has also developed a quality coaching tree. 11 of his assistants have gone on to become head coaches -- including John Harbaugh, Ron Rivera, Doug Pederson, and Sean McDermott.

I'm not sure you realize how much of an offensive innovator Reid is widely considered to be -- at Green Bay, Philadelphia, and KC. He has consistently been responsible for highly productive offenses long before Mahomes. You'll find countless articles discussing this online.
Don't get me wrong because I like Andy Reid but he's not even close to what Belichick has accomplished nor will he ever get close. BB has 328 wins and 6 SB wins as HC which Andy will never sniff. BB also was DC for 2 SB wins by the Giants. Obviously could go on and on but yes Andy is an excellent coach but not in the class of what BB has done in his 22 years as Pats HC.

Don't get me wrong because I like Andy Reid but he's not even close to what Belichick has accomplished nor will he ever get close. BB has 328 wins and 6 SB wins as HC which Andy will never sniff. BB also was DC for 2 SB wins by the Giants. Obviously could go on and on but yes Andy is an excellent coach but not in the class of what BB has done in his 22 years as Pats HC.

Reid is unlikely to catch Belichick in either category -- at least not the Super Bowl rings.

However, Reid is #5 all-time in NFL wins. And he'll surpass Tom Landry to move into #4 with 8 more wins.

Andy Reid is also six years younger than Belichick. so it's not impossible Reid could get close to his win total. But not the Super Bowls. Granted, no one anytime soon will catch Belichick's Super Bowl rings at six. Only one other coach has more than three -- and that's Chuck Noll with four.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back