• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Draft

At the end of his interview the host gave him a minute to say something he wanted to say...harbaugh then mentioned Sam and the other kid that were killed...mentioning that sam would have definitely been drafted this year, good kid, etc.
Thanks!

I was a Bo Pelini supporter up to the bitter end...and really beyond. This draft was a categorical repudiation of his 7 years as a coach at Nebraska.

I was wrong...so, very, very wrong.
This is exactly the way I feel.

Fortunately, I believe that Mike Riley is building the talent level and depth that we will need to be competitive with the big boys (it kills me to admit that we are not one of the big boys now) in the near future. This draft is really exposing just how far behind we are from a talent standpoint.

Well there ya have it. The draft is over and Nebraska...for the first time since 1965...has only ONE player selected. Colorado, a team that combined for a grand total of 14 wins over 5 seasons going into last year, had 4 players selected, 3 in the first 4 rounds. You can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
The draft is over. We had one player (Nate Gerry) selected as the last player in round 5. Not only was he the only Husker drafted, it wasn't even close. Cethan Carter was ranked as ESPN's 50th best available player at the end of the draft.

Wow. Just wow.

The draft is over. We had one player (Nate Gerry) selected as the last player in round 5. Not only was he the only Husker drafted, it wasn't even close. Cethan Carter was ranked as ESPN's 50th best available player at the end of the draft.

Wow. Just wow.
Yeah, but its a dry mediocrity. ;)

Well there ya have it. The draft is over and Nebraska...for the first time since 1965...has only ONE player selected. Colorado, a team that combined for a grand total of 14 wins over 5 seasons going into last year, had 4 players selected, 3 in the first 4 rounds. You can't make this stuff up.
I expect a Husker bounce in next year's NFL Draft .

Wow. Just wow.

In B1G teams ......

What about Rutgers? Purdue? Maryland? Too lazy to search but my guess, Huskers are last place standings. Only one, Nate Gerry, 187th pick. :Facepalm:

Last edited:
Shows what the NFL thought of our upper class talent. Amazing we won any games with only one athlete drafted ;)

Since one year of the draft now decides how many games we should have been winning, here are some 2016 draft results

Huskers: 4 drafted and 2 more undrafted making NFL rosters
Badgers: 2 drafted and 2 more undrafted making NFL rosters
Hawkeyes: 1 drafted.......in the 7th round

Something doesn't make sense with these numbers using current internet fan logic

I really thought that Carter would be drafted along with Gerry. Will see where he ends up as a FA along with Westercamp I think. I have my doubts that Armstrong will even go FA.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back