• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Draft

N2FL

Starter
15 Year Member
Obviously Thursday-Saturday will be like Christmas morning for me. Thought I'd start a thread in case anyone wants to discuss the draft. Nebraska will have at least three guys drafted (Jurgens, CTB, Domann) with an outside shot of Allen and Toure sneaking in as well.

Here's my annual Top 100 if anyone wants a board to follow.

Last edited:
PIN.jpg

I'm looking forward to it as well.

The first round seems like it could be more unpredictable than typical. A lack of elite quarterbacks is certainly part of that. And even though RB is commonly not as valued as it once was, it's possible no RB is taken in the first round. Lots of stud linemen, however -- both sides of the ball. Some elite WRs available in the first round as well.

As an Eagles fan, the general thought among the fan base and media is they'll take a WR with one of their two first round picks. Maybe either Drake London or Jameson Williams.

I've read that Thibodeaux is known to take a lot of plays off. I do feel he has a very high ceiling, but his floor may be lower than Hutchinson.

I do not think Domann gets drafted … certainly not before Allen and Toure. Jurgens will go on day 2 (2nd or 3rd round), CTB will go next probably 4th round as he plays a premium position.

Toure will get a boost with the demand for WRs pretty high. And Allen has a lot of measurables that the NFL wants in TEs.

Cowboys should be greatly disappointed in losing Gregory to Denver.

Big time. That was a tough loss. Of all things it was because they wanted protections if he fell off the wagon. Hang with the guy through multiple relapses, but asking for protection was disrespecting him.

The first round seems like it could be more unpredictable than typical. A lack of elite quarterbacks is certainly part of that. And even though RB is commonly not as valued as it once was, it's possible no RB is taken in the first round. Lots of stud linemen, however -- both sides of the ball. Some elite WRs available in the first round as well.

As an Eagles fan, the general thought among the fan base and media is they'll take a WR with one of their two first round picks. Maybe either Drake London or Jameson Williams.

I've read that Thibodeaux is known to take a lot of plays off. I do feel he has a very high ceiling, but his floor may be lower than Hutchinson.
Until the Eagles get a real QB and they do not have one currently (cough Jalen Hurts) doesn’t matter who they draft.

Big time. That was a tough loss. Of all things it was because they wanted protections if he fell off the wagon. Hang with the guy through multiple relapses, but asking for protection was disrespecting him.
They hung with him because he was low cost/high reward player … he (Gregory) gave up a year or two of free agency dealing with his issues. But edge rushers like him are few and far between.

Agree with the Thibodeaux vs Hutchinson comp. Hutchinson will be a good pro, but I think Thibodeaux has the total package to be a truly elite player. All things being equal, Kayvon is on another level IMPO.

I'm also banking on Derek Stingley. That kids tape from 2019 was some of the best corner film I've seen in a while. After I scouted him two years ago, I thought he was destined to be the top pick in this draft. But...he's only played in 10 games the past two years for various reasons and he's looked good, but not as elite as he did in '19. There are some other really good corners in this draft, so a team might get nervous taking Stingley over a guy like Gardner, or even Booth, McDuffie, etc, but again, if Stingley gets back to his 2019 form, his ceiling his higher than those guys.

I have them rated 1-2, but could see them both sliding in the draft because of questions and the fact there are a handful of guys at their respective positions who are also really, really good prospects.

Full disclosure, I have a bias towards guys who were elite high school prospects (five-star caliber) who are immediate standouts in college.

Guys who have routinely stood out among their peers. Guys who dominate other top players at camps and all-star games as high schoolers, then walk on campus at schools like Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, Clemson, etc with other four and five-star talent and immediately stand out among even more talent.

When kids go to schools like that and dominate for three, four years then verify the production on the field with an impressive combine and/or pro day. Those are my kind of guys.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna dismiss a guy from a lower level school or a kid that was under-recruited, my rankings show that. I'm just saying, all things being equal, the above described prospect gets the nod from me.

Again, it's not the end all be all, but when a kid has been the cream of the crop at every level, it's impressive and noteworthy when you're dissecting them and putting them under the microscope.

I do not think Domann gets drafted … certainly not before Allen and Toure. Jurgens will go on day 2 (2nd or 3rd round), CTB will go next probably 4th round as he plays a premium position.

Toure will get a boost with the demand for WRs pretty high. And Allen has a lot of measurables that the NFL wants in TEs.
Domann? Really? Can you elaborate?

Domann? Really? Can you elaborate?
He doesn’t play a premium NFL position.
He‘s also viewed as a bit of a tweener - undersized LB/slow-ish Safety.

He‘s a guy who has a bit of an injury history that scares NFL execs.

He has had a good collegiate career but I think his “measurables” will hurt in the draft. Can’t measure heart and I do think whoever signs him will get a good player. I just think Austin Allen, Toure, CTB all play positions that are more in demand and will warrant their selection before JJD.

I do not think Domann gets drafted
Domann could go as high as the 4th round...he won't last past the 5th. The guy is a swiss army knife. He can play OLB, the slot, cover TE's, slide to pre-safety in certain coverages, a decent blitzer and plays faster than his 40 time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back