• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

After Oakland's performance last night, I feel pretty confident in KC being the clear front-runner in the AFC West. The offense will score lots of points, but the defense will give up lots of points. Shades of the 2003 season. I know it's wishful thinking, but hopefully Andy Reid doesn't become his own worst enemy this season. Sunday's game at the Steelers is big, should it come to playoff seeding. Having the H2H against Pittsburgh would be huge, but I'm guessing Big Ben has his way with a lackluster Chiefs secondary.

After Oakland's performance last night, I feel pretty confident in KC being the clear front-runner in the AFC West. The offense will score lots of points, but the defense will give up lots of points. Shades of the 2003 season. I know it's wishful thinking, but hopefully Andy Reid doesn't become his own worst enemy this season. Sunday's game at the Steelers is big, should it come to playoff seeding. Having the H2H against Pittsburgh would be huge, but I'm guessing Big Ben has his way with a lackluster Chiefs secondary.

If KC had a competent defense, I'd completely agree. But as of now, I'll just say any team but Oakland has a shot in the AFC West. If I were to pick one, it would be the Broncos -- still a solid defense -- and finally a competent quarterback. Though I hate both the Broncos and Raiders ... prefer KC ... fine with the Chargers.

The Chiefs will be a ton of fun to watch, regardless.

Last edited:

The Cowboys looked mediocre in Week 1.

I doubt the Bills ever reach that point this year.
I never put too much emphasis on the first game of the season but if the Cowboys offense isn't about 500% better tonight, this season is toast.

Jones needs to fire Garrett, Linehan and most importantly...himself.

Carr is 22/23 for 233 yards half way through the 3rd quarter. :Eek:

Pats getting crushed in Jacksonville, 24-3.

The Buccaneers look like the team to beat right now in the NFC South!

If Fitz doesn't absolutely crap the bed next week vs the Steelers, he BETTER be starting when Winston's suspension is up or they will have an actual mutiny on their hands.

The Buccaneers look like the team to beat right now in the NFC South!

If Fitz doesn't absolutely crap the bed next week vs the Steelers, he BETTER be starting when Winston's suspension is up or they will have an actual mutiny on their hands.
Yeah, I am not sure how you can just slot Winston in at this point. Best to wait until Fitzpatrick comes back to reality.

Cowboys looked great on offense for two drives. Then back to unimaginative play calling. Need Fredrick back at center as well.

Not sold on the offense but the defense looks great.

Cowboys looked great on offense for two drives. Then back to unimaginative play calling. Need Fredrick back at center as well.

Not sold on the offense but the defense looks great.

The defense does look solid. Granted, the Giants offense may still suck, but I tend to think Dallas has a good defense regardless.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back