• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
Countless intriguing story lines from week one. Still two more games to go.

Pat Mahomes seems like the real deal. He shredded what was supposed to be one of the best defenses and defensive backfields in the NFL. The Chargers in LA. Tyreek Hill is insane.

Andrew Luck appears to be back. Unfortunately, his limited supporting cast along with a shoddy defense doesn't look good for the Colts.

The Patriots looked like the Patriots. Maybe even a better defense. But not a bad loss for Houston having to play in New England.

How in the hell did Ryan Fitzpatrick carve up the Saints?!?

Nathan Peterman may be the worst quarterback to ever start in the NFL. His lone performance last year followed by today's disaster was beyond ugly for the Bills. Time to move fully on to Josh Allen.

The Jags won as expected in New York. But Barkley had one helluva TD run against that defense.

The Skins have hope. Hard not to root for Alex Smith. He is sort of like the Tim Duncan of the NFL. A fantastic leader that gets the job done quietly and efficiently. AP looked surprisingly good.

The Cowboys may well have a quality defense. But man, there's so few weapons on offense minus Elliot, I don't know how they can contend.

First half: Khalil Mack. Second half: Aaron Rodgers pulls a Willis Reed. Both Bears fans and Raiders fans are feeling ill tonight.

I've seen enough of Peterman to last a lifetime. It's not nearly all on him, as that OL is atrocious, but he clearly is not an NFL starting QB.

I hesitate to throw Allen in behind it, but there's really no other choice. I think the team made a mistake trading away McCarron and keeping Peterman.

I lost my fantasy matchup because I started the Saints defense. Had I simply not started any defense at all, I win. That was a pitiful performance.

The Bears choked away that game. On their drive in the 4th late in the game, they moved the ball down the field primarily by running it. Inside of Green Bay's 30, they're faced with a 3rd and 1, up 3. With the way Rodgers was carving up that D, that HAS to be two runs on 3rd and 4th down!

I've seen enough of Peterman to last a lifetime. It's not nearly all on him, as that OL is atrocious, but he clearly is not an NFL starting QB.

I hesitate to throw Allen in behind it, but there's really no other choice. I think the team made a mistake trading away McCarron and keeping Peterman.

I lost my fantasy matchup because I started the Saints defense. Had I simply not started any defense at all, I win. That was a pitiful performance.

The Bears choked away that game. On their drive in the 4th late in the game, they moved the ball down the field primarily by running it. Inside of Green Bay's 30, they're faced with a 3rd and 1, up 3. With the way Rodgers was carving up that D, that HAS to be two runs on 3rd and 4th down!

I cannot understand at all how bad the Saints defense was yesterday. They looked quite solid last year. I'm sure they were top 5-10 in most defensive categories. And then to have Ryan Fitzpatrick come into your own home stadium and shred your defense -- unbelievable.

Fitz and Rogers we're amazing. Texans seem to always bend over for the patriots, but I think they can get into the playoffs. Can we buy a tackle please.

Did Rex Burkhead play yesterday?

The Chiefs offense looks like it will be exciting to watch this year. Tyreek the streak Hill is one fast dude.

Somewhere Jim Schwartz and Jim Caldwell are having a beer and laughing their butts off. This is ridiculous

No doubt.

The Lions have at least been competitive in recent years. Winning record three of the past four years. Tonight, they are getting destroyed at home -- against a Jets team that is very unlikely to be a playoff team.

Schwartz is in Philly somewhere, I'm sure, as he's the defensive coordinator for the Eagles, and has turned that defense into one of the best in the NFL. He's a defensive mastermind.

No doubt.

The Lions have at least been competitive in recent years. Winning record three of the past four years. Tonight, they are getting destroyed at home -- against a Jets team that is very unlikely to be a playoff team.

Schwartz is in Philly somewhere, I'm sure, as he's the defensive coordinator for the Eagles, and has turned that defense into one of the best in the NFL. He's a defensive mastermind.
I was always a passive bandwagon NFL fan. I decided wherever Suh went in the 2010 draft I would make that my team. When he was drafted by the Lions my heart sank but I decided to stick with them. Suh got me in the door and I became a true Lions fan. Watching Staffors, Calvin Johnson, Javid Best and Vandenbosch that 1st year and I was hooked. I’ve seen flashes of brilliance and just plain bad football, and all of that has happened in every season since I started watching them. The conclusion I’ve come to is that it doesn’t matter who their coach is or who they draft, as long as the Ford family owns the team they will not be a real contender. They’re going to show some flashes and win some big games, but their overall franchise philosophy will hold them back until they get new ownership

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back