• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Next years back 7, do we see Ciante on the field all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustlin' Husker

Recruit
5 Year Member
So I know I'm thinking about this WAY too early, but the "will our D struggle next year thread got me thinking.

So I'm guessing that the three top LBs, will be Anderson, Santos, and somebody else. That somebody else could be Fisher if he returns, or obviously Roach, Thomas, Avaflava, Rose, or maybe even Courtney Love.

At CB, I we've got options galore. Supposedly Rose is a lock to play. If that's true, Mitchell, SJB, Seisay, Davie, Jackson and Green could all be fighting for playing time across from him. Evans will be the undisputed Nickel if the coaches leave him there. We should be stacked at all 4 corner positions.

At safety we are looking a bit thin, with Harvey Jackson and Corey Cooper being the the guys getting obvious playing time...

So, I'm wondering two things. Do we move one of the bigger corners to compete for time at Safety? Is SJB or Mo Seisay the smart move? Would we think about moving Brion Carnes to that position, it seems like he has the appropriate size and speed to play there.

Finally, I was thinking that the coaches might want to keep Ciante on the field all the time, meaning that Ciante would play Safety along side Harvey Jackson in base D situations and move down to a Nickel/LB role with somebody else coming in to play safety on passing downs.

remember we lose Wisconsin and OSU and pick up Purdue and Illinois. Still lots of need for a nickel

not sure what SDS runs but the other non cons all are spreads or running qb's aren't they?

My money is on Seisay and Davie to work primarily at S or some nickel/dime combos.

And don't forget CJax in that mix. He could play any of those corner/nickel/dime positions.

we have an embarrassment of riches in the defensive backfield. I'm VERY confident in the ability of our HC and our excellent (finally, luckily) DB coach to untangle that huge ball of christmas lights and find the best 10 or so guys to fill the 2-deep.

remember we lose Wisconsin and OSU and pick up Purdue and Illinois. Still lots of need for a nickel

not sure what SDS runs but the other non cons all are spreads or running qb's aren't they?

Granted, but I'm wondering if we don't find a way to keep Ciante on the field no matter the situation.

My money is on Seisay and Davie to work primarily at S or some nickel/dime combos.

And don't forget CJax in that mix. He could play any of those corner/nickel/dime positions.

we have an embarrassment of riches in the defensive backfield. I'm VERY confident in the ability of our HC and our excellent (finally, luckily) DB coach to untangle that huge ball of christmas lights and find the best 10 or so guys to fill the 2-deep.

I figure Charles Jackson to be our number 1 Dime back, but who knows, all of these great players are going to be competing to play, especially at the Corner/Nickel/dime slots, I just wonder how we're going to fill the shoes of PJS and Damion.

I know Papuchis said they were moving Charles Jackson out of the nickel to the outside ... made a comment about him being the next "shutdown corner". Take that for what it's worth. Very curious to see what they end up doing at the S position ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back