• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #30, (L, 75-81), B1G Tournament vs Michigan, Thu, 3/5, 5:30 PM, BTN (Game Thread)

Seems like something surely needs to change! :Redface:

Last edited:

Final Stats:

1583458162220.png

I see no reason to have Williams return. Four years, under 500 record, 1-4 in big tourney, and worst of all this team was terrible the last half of this year.

I’d be hard pressed to say that anything is trending up at this point.
I would say the overall athleticism is trending up. The sophomore and freshman classes are much better athletes. The best shooter missed the season after surgery. It will be interesting to see them with a true point guard that has some experience as Helms will take that position over next year.

I would say the overall athleticism is trending up. The sophomore and freshman classes are much better athletes. The best shooter missed the season after surgery. It will be interesting to see them with a true point guard that has some experience as Helms will take that position over next year.

oh my, not sure what you have been watching. The most athletic player on the team is a senior (Eilily). Brady came in 15 pounds overweight and can’t shoot. Helms couldn't play this year, what makes you think she is taking over next year? And certainly she isn’t very athletic, especially after 2 major surgeries for compartment syndrome. Bourne is ok, but we will be the least athletic team at the guard and wing spots next year in the league. The situation is bleak due to poor recruiting In back to back years.

Last edited:
oh my, not sure what you have been watching. The most athletic player on the team is a senior (Eilily). Brady came in 15 pounds overweight and can’t shoot. Helms couldn't play this year, what makes you think she is taking over next year? And certainly she isn’t very athletic, especially after 2 major surgeries for compartment syndrome. Bourne is ok, but we will be the least athletic team at the guard and wing spots next year in the league. The situation is bleak due to poor recruiting In back to back years.
Well I sit right behind the bench for every game, helms only didn’t play because there were upperclassmen that needed time. She is very fast and can handle the ball with the best of them. she will take over the point guard position as we saw at the end of the year. When we could not keep up with Indiana at home, Williams put her in and that is when we evened the score and got back into the game. The sophomores are more athletic and the freshmen with another year in the strength and condition program will get into shape. So as far as what I saw from the front row behind the bench at every home game, we have an improvement in talent and athleticism.

Last edited:
Well I sit right behind the bench for every game, helms only didn’t play because there were upperclassmen that needed time. She is very fast and can handle the ball with the best of them. she will take over the point guard position as we saw at the end of the year. When we could not keep up with Indiana at home, Williams put her in and that is when we evened the score and got back into the game. The sophomores are more athletic and the freshmen with another year in the strength and condition program will get into shape. So as far as what I saw from the front row behind the bench at every home game, we have an improvement in talent and athleticism.

Where you sit obviously doesn’t equate with talent evaluation. Helms is not fast, she’s permanently injured. If she was so awesome as you say she would have played on a team without a point guard. Verbeek and Mershon are athletic? Hilarious. Brown is a really good player but not very athletic. Haiby is slow. Name one player whose athleticism equals Eilily. We have a lot of well meaning fans but they don’t know much about basketball.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back