• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Next up… Michigan State

Michigan State is better than Oklahoma. If the Huskers go into this game thinking they must be good because of what happened in Norman it will be a blowout.
I will absolutely agree that Michigan St appears to be playing better football than Oklahoma right now but I will absolutely disagree that Michigan St is better than Oklahoma. Oklahoma has better athletes without a doubt. Oklahoma has a better proven coaching staff, and Oklahoma has a better home field advantage.

Michigan St will go as their running back goes. Their QB is the epitome of a game manager. He is not going to beat you with his feet and I am not even convinced that he is going to consistently cut you apart with precision passing either. Miami's defense is currently ranked 21 spots worse than Michigan St (which is 12 spots lower than Nebraska). FWIW -Northwestern's defense is only 5 spots better than Miami's.

All this means nothing tomorrow night. If Nebraska executes like they are capable of this game will be a comfortable win for the Huskers. If Nebraska plays like they did against Illinois then Michigan St will be 4-0 when all is said and done. Michigan St's running back is darn good and he alone skews a lot of the overall stats.

I will absolutely agree that Michigan St appears to be playing better football than Oklahoma right now but I will absolutely disagree that Michigan St is better than Oklahoma. Oklahoma has better athletes without a doubt. Oklahoma has a better proven coaching staff, and Oklahoma has a better home field advantage.

Michigan St will go as their running back goes. Their QB is the epitome of a game manager. He is not going to beat you with his feet and I am not even convinced that he is going to consistently cut you apart with precision passing either. Miami's defense is currently ranked 21 spots worse than Michigan St (which is 12 spots lower than Nebraska). FWIW -Northwestern's defense is only 5 spots better than Miami's.

All this means nothing tomorrow night. If Nebraska executes like they are capable of this game will be a comfortable win for the Huskers. If Nebraska plays like they did against Illinois then Michigan St will be 4-0 when all is said and done. Michigan St's running back is darn good and he alone skews a lot of the overall stats.
Great post.

Huskers shut down Walker (for the most part) I believe they win this game. If however they let that dude run free they will have a very long evening imo. I looked up Walkers 40 time and he's been clocked several times at 4.26! He gets lose in the secondary and it's bye bye. I think he's the real deal and the KEY to MSU's entire offense.

Huskers shut down Walker (for the most part) I believe they win this game. If however they let that dude run free they will have a very long evening imo. I looked up Walkers 40 time and he's been clocked several times at 4.26! He gets lose in the secondary and it's bye bye. I think he's the real deal and the KEY to MSU's entire offense.
We've had pretty good success stopping the run the last several games. I agree that if we make them 1 dimensional, it drastically improves our chances of winning.

100% agree.

This game is such a gigantic opportunity and I am dying to see the Huskers capitalize

Last edited:
100% agree.

This game is such a gigantic opportunity and I am dying to see the Huskers capitalize
Agree too. Tough schedule. We play 6 teams currently ranked in Top 25, and six who aren’t. We lost to one unranked team already, so this is our opportunity to get back on the 6 win path

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back