• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Next Oregon Head coach

I agree, Frost stabilized a decent program that was coming out of a troubled prior season. They had talent but lacked coaches that could win with it. His real test will be not next year but the year after. If he can continue building a positive winning program he won't be here in year 5.
I only saw UCF when they played Michigan this season and only for about half a quarter. I will say they looked well coached and smooth the way they ran everything. There was an obvious talent gap as there should be in that matchup. UCF is the type of place where Frost can make a name for himself but I still don't think UCF will become a type of school that can keep an upper tier coach. Houston isn't either. Of course, that could all change if those schools jumped into a major conference and had success.

I only saw UCF when they played Michigan this season and only for about half a quarter. I will say they looked well coached and smooth the way they ran everything. There was an obvious talent gap as there should be in that matchup. UCF is the type of place where Frost can make a name for himself but I still don't think UCF will become a type of school that can keep an upper tier coach. Houston isn't either. Of course, that could all change if those schools jumped into a major conference and had success.

It is apparent that UCF should have played MSU this year and not UM.

I agree UCF has a slim chance of keeping Frost past his contract. The university is doing great things and is starting to compete academically against UF/FSU/UMiami. But they aren't going to get there quick enough to be a school that could keep Frost.

It is apparent that UCF should have played MSU this year and not UM.

I agree UCF has a slim chance of keeping Frost past his contract. The university is doing great things and is starting to compete academically against UF/FSU/UMiami. But they aren't going to get there quick enough to be a school that could keep Frost.
Michigan State's athletic year has been a real downer for Spartan fans. First the football team lays an egg for the season and now their basketball team is struggling and unranked.

The following is an article I remember reading a couple of years ago about Helfrich. It is really interesting if you have the time. A couple of tidbits: The article is from Dec. of 2014

Even after the Ducks completed an 11-2 season and finished No. 9 after whipping Texas in the Alamo Bowl, plenty of folks -- fans and media -- questioned whether Helfrich could maintain the program's surge into college football's elite. The Ducks had lost a second game in a row to Stanford -- they couldn't handle the physical Cardinal! -- and turned in a lackluster effort in a blowout loss at Arizona.

Of course, all this praise will be forgotten, and past doubts will be remembered if the Ducks falter against FSU or going forward in the post-Mariota years. The Oregon Helfrich grew up with no longer exists.

“It’s an added bonus because we are winning," he said. "[He and his family] would probably get kicked out of town if we weren’t.”

I don't think that is a fit at all. Neither is Lane Kiffin, but then again what do I know.
That is my line...I dont know what would get them turned on. None. THey have not got enough money to buy Kiffin, Strong just ran out of time at TU.. Their clock starting running the day he signed a contract and it was questionable for them to hire him anyway.

That is my line...I dont know what would get them turned on. None. THey have not got enough money to buy Kiffin, Strong just ran out of time at TU.. Their clock starting running the day he signed a contract and it was questionable for them to hire him anyway.

That is the 10 million dollar question. Oregon used to be one of the few that ran that type of offense, now a lot of teams do, after Chip left they promoted basically a native son (from the article above) who ran the same type of offense as Chip but that was not a comfortable fit from the beginning, one losing season and he was gone. I think Oregon is flash and sizzle, which explains the 1000 uniform combinations. I think Oregon is unique/quirky and if someone local who ran a similar offense doesn't fit in Oregon I am not sure who will.

Tis the season for people watching private jets departing & arriving at certain places. Report that there is a plane leaving South Bend (notre shame) headed to Eugene.....

Tis the season for people watching private jets departing & arriving at certain places. Report that there is a plane leaving South Bend (notre shame) headed to Eugene.....
I think ND Kelly would be a bad hire for OU. Geees as long as we re throwing out names, how about Giles from Baylor?

I think ND Kelly would be a bad hire for OU. Geees as long as we re throwing out names, how about Giles from Baylor?

I assume you mean Briles and I can assure you, if Texas wouldn't take the risk with him, Oregon won't either. Whole lot of smoke around him right now, need the fire to die down first.

When is Tressel's show cause up? His name seems to come up for every big opening each year.

I could see Kiffin getting a look there also. He's a great offensive mind with roots in the Pac-12 and hopefully has gotten himself some much needed maturity by working under Saban the last few years.

I assume you mean Briles and I can assure you, if Texas wouldn't take the risk with him, Oregon won't either. Whole lot of smoke around him right now, need the fire to die down first.

When is Tressel's show cause up? His name seems to come up for every big opening each year.

I could see Kiffin getting a look there also. He's a great offensive mind with roots in the Pac-12 and hopefully has gotten himself some much needed maturity by working under Saban the last few years.
Yeah I did mean Briles

He is hated I doubt he would get the nod

I'd take Tressel in a Heart beat.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back