• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New XFL rules

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
I am a traditionalist. But I really like three of the new XFL rules

1. A three point conversion option after TDs
2. Kick off rules
3. 4th and 15 option instead of kickoff.

I'd like to see real football take a look at those.

I am a traditionalist. But I really like three of the new XFL rules

1. A three point conversion option after TDs
2. Kick off rules
3. 4th and 15 option instead of kickoff.

I'd like to see real football take a look at those.
1 yes

NO! XFL sucks. No three pointer after a TD, just leave the 2 point or 1 point option alone. Football isn't pro wrestling.

The kickoff rule might be a good one. Less full speed head to head collisions (safety) and maybe more returns rather than touchbacks (actual play).

People forget that the original XFL brought a lot of innovation to the game of football, including things like the fly-by-wire cameras now ubiquitous in NFL and NCAAF.

It's not supposed to compete with the NFL, and I think the XFL folks realize that. It's about a fun and fresh version of football and maybe this go-round will offer some contributions to the "industry" of football.

People forget that the original XFL brought a lot of innovation to the game of football, including things like the fly-by-wire cameras now ubiquitous in NFL and NCAAF.

It's not supposed to compete with the NFL, and I think the XFL folks realize that. It's about a fun and fresh version of football and maybe this go-round will offer some contributions to the "industry" of football.
But it's not fun or fresh, it's a boring product designed around tricking people into believing it's Dr. Pepper when it's a watered down version of Mr. Pibb.

The XFL also brought us He Hate Me -- who went from Hall of Fame Name status to six years in the NFL.

:Rockon:

You are nuts.
Why you say that? XFL is boring, it's just another way to distract people. It's a boring by product trying to be hip. It won't fly for long, just like in the past, it's a money grab and nothing more.

He Hate Me, was reverse racism, nothing more, prove me wrong here. There was ZERO need for that crap and you know it.

Last edited:
He Hate Me, was reverse racism, nothing more, prove me wrong here.

Smart came up with "He Hate Me."

"Basically, my brother's my opponent," he said. "After I win, he's gonna hate me. It is what it is. It's a saying I was saying when I'd feel something wasn't going my way. For example, (when) I was on the squad in Vegas and coach was putting other guys in.

"If I felt I'm better than them, you know, hey, he hate me. See what I'm saying? Give me a chance. That's all I ask. It came from the heart. Within. The way I felt."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back