• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Weight Room

It's kind of interesting to see what our facilities have become in just a few short years. We used to have an unreal facility that recruits would be in awe of, we now are left wayyyyy behind.

Michigan:

Granted we can't replicate Lake Michigan, but even Northwestern has a better weight room than us now in regard to space:

I think these new facilities can help us be more efficient for sure. It gets pretty tight in there.

Did I read in that article that he stated when he got here players were increasing fat and decreasing muscle?

It's kind of interesting to see what our facilities have become in just a few short years. We used to have an unreal facility that recruits would be in awe of, we now are left wayyyyy behind.

Michigan:

Granted we can't replicate Lake Michigan, but even Northwestern has a better weight room than us now in regard to space:

I think these new facilities can help us be more efficient for sure. It gets pretty tight in there.

Did I read in that article that he stated when he got here players were increasing fat and decreasing muscle?

Yes he did. I wish they would just let the past be in the past at this point. Sounds too much like weak excuses 2 years later.

Yes he did. I wish they would just let the past be in the past at this point. Sounds too much like weak excuses 2 years later.
I'm not sure i've ever heard that. Ever. Smells a bit like the "we weren't even squatting" comment they threw out that was incorrect. I'm 99% positive that any of us on this board could take an 18-22 year old D1 scholarship football player and make him do the 2.5 practice/cardio and it would be nearly impossible to put on fat and decrease muscle.

Last edited:

Michigan:

Northwestern's looks like a day spa. I'd expect to hear Gershwin through the speakers walking through the door and see a waitress handing out preworkout mimosas.

Northwestern's looks like a day spa. I'd expect to hear Gershwin through the speakers walking through the door and see a waitress handing out preworkout mimosas.
I can tell you that the facility is really sweet, but you are kind of spot on there. It doesn't have a "grinder" mentality/feel when you walk into it. Their strength coach is a bit of a rod too if you ask me...

Image result for northwestern strength coach

Last edited:

I'm not sure i've ever heard that. Ever. Smells a bit like the "we weren't even squatting" comment they threw out that was incorrect. I'm 99% positive that any of us on this board could take an 18-22 year old D1 scholarship football player and make him do the 2.5 practice/cardio and it would be nearly impossible to put on fat and decrease muscle.

Wasn't the concern under MR (one of them) that the weight room was kind of "optional"? If so, maybe that led to increased fat percentages.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back