• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New website layout? It sucks.

mostly being the key word. Look i can list a thousand articles samming apple you can list a thousand slamming android. The fact is what you need depends on a large number of factors. This started because I said the iphone 7 has been having a number of issues. This is true. Do a search and you will find it. Some android phones have also had issues. I know this and I know what the potential issues are with my phone. The issue is that you seem to think that there are NO problems with iOS. That is just not true.

All phones have problems. Just worse on samsung and android. But you’ve allowed me to coin a new phrase the Android Stutter. A Sumsung S7 Edge stutters the iPhone 4s(my god is that even a fair test samsung 7 vs iPhone 4s) was playable and enjoyable.

https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-android/issues/349

Summary/Conclusion from me regarding Moonlight on the S7 edge and other devices:

I am using Moonlight 4.8.3 (Android) / 1.1.4 (iOS) with GeForce Experience 3.3.0.100.
I have tested Moonlight on different devices:
*Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (Exynos 8890 variant, Android 7.0 Nougat)
*ASUS Memo Pad 8 (Intel Atom Z3745, Android 4.4.2 KitKat)
*Apple iPhone 4S (Apple A5, iOS 9.3.5)

For both Android devices I used GameBench to display and capture the FPS, on iOS this was not possible (without jailbreaking). While the ASUS tablet and the iPhone 4S connected with USB tethering on my PC had constant smooth streaming playback, the S7 edge did not. The ASUS tablet and the iPhone 4S while working had some milliseconds of video delay but definitely playable and enjoyable. The S7 edge has micro stutters, every second (or less) it switches from 60FPS to 50-something FPS back to 60FPS etc. resulting in a choppy streaming playback which means no smooth gameplay possible. This has nothing to do with network since I used USB tethering while being in offline mode. With the iPhone 4S on WiFi 2.4GHz it was even possible to have a very good streaming playback (without knowing how much FPS it did have), no micro stutters but sometimes a little lag which isn't that much interrupting the gameplay. The ASUS tablet also on WiFi 2.4GHz can get - when the cheap WiFi antenna inside it works... - the same results like the iPhone 4S. Now something positive for the S7 edge: It may not have the same smooth streaming playback versus the ASUS tablet and iPhone 4S but it has the best response time for input/video. On the S7 edge it looks and plays like if there is no video delay like the other both devices have. How can it have better response time or no delay for the video stream and input when the video itself is full of micro stutters? Maybe it has better response times because of the micro stutters or how Moonlight handles the S7 edge differently, I don't know. But I personally would say it first needs smooth streaming playback and right next to it keep the response times it has right now. It makes no fun playing a game full with micro stutters because it doesn't feel like real 60fps.

Could an Admin split this into two threads. One about what the OP posted and another about who's ego is bigger than the others..

Well! My phone is now back to working on here! Oh joy joy joy!:Banana::Banana::Banana::Corn2::Hooray::Mfclap:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back