• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Watch Site in the Cayman Islands

Awesome. I'm from Minden and graduated there in 79. I have relatives in Holdrege you may or may not know depending on when you moved to Blair. The Hecke's. Willie was co-owner of Strong-Hecke Auto Villa there in Holdrege from 1978 until he died in 1985 racing sprint cars.

I'll be sure to stop by if I ever make it to the Islands.
Pioneer Village is awesome. As a kid in Kearney we got to go there on a field trip in the 5th grade.

Pioneer Village is awesome. As a kid in Kearney we got to go there on a field trip in the 5th grade.

It was great when Harold Warp (Founder of Pioneer Village) was alive but once he died his selfish son took over and he doesn't want anything to do with the place. He just wants the money. He won't sink a dime into the place. I hope he doesn't completely ruin it or try to sell it off in pieces.

It was great when Harold Warp (Founder of Pioneer Village) was alive but once he died his selfish son took over and he doesn't want anything to do with the place. He just wants the money. He won't sink a dime into the place. I hope he doesn't completely ruin it or try to sell it off in pieces.
Sad to hear.

b6d269de-eede-4eda-b51c-a4d1e93073c2.JPG

Nebraska visitors from Norfolk originally here on the island last week, with the amazing sisters, Ashly and Amber Denman from guess where...WOOD RIVER, residents here on Cayman with yours truly. They even made homemade Ruzas for everyone.

Come on down, the water is nice.

GBR
Dan Charleston

Please do stop by, I know the family name, but we moved in 72 to Blair so not familiar with the business. Pioneer Village!!! I always loved that place, stuck in my mind they had a microwave oven there from the 50s....I had no clue.

Does the name Doris and Wayne Powers ring any bells?

View attachment 17922

Nebraska visitors from Norfolk originally here on the island last week, with the amazing sisters, Ashly and Amber Denman from guess where...WOOD RIVER, residents here on Cayman with yours truly. They even made homemade Ruzas for everyone.

Come on down, the water is nice.

GBR
Dan Charleston

I'm not coming until you take down that ugly Penn State sign. :)

From what I know of it, that would be for the best, at this point.

really run down.

From what I know of it, that would be for the best, at this point.

really run down.

I haven't been through it in a few years but it's a shame. The museum pieces are still great and there are massive amounts of things to see, but the neglect to the property and facilities as well as neglect for proper staffing and upkeep of the displays is just sad. The hotel and motel on the property are probably what will kill the place just in bad reviews.

My dads ham radio set was asked for and given to the museum (for display) back in 1992 I believe......never went to see it.

Don't even know if they ever put it up?

A belated thanks to all the Nebraska fans who stopped into PDs this last season, we had at least one person for every game, very cool.

Hope to see many more next season, stay warm Huskers!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back