• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New UNO Hockey Coach

http://www.ketv.com/article/uno-names-new-head-hockey-coach/9235595

Kind of thought they would wait till after the frozen 4 and interview some assistant coaches, but I guess if you hire in house you don't need to wait. Good luck, might bring some youth and excitement behind the bench.
Played defense so one would hope he brings that to the table. He gets a very good team in a great league that is a Def minded league. Big fast and aggressive. Was DU and UMD and they way they play D...that game should be a 1-0 game but both teams can score from anywhere on the ice so this is a Goalie game.

Coached his Canadian college team to a 36-0 record. That is impressive up there

Last edited:

I was kinda hoping Hastings would end up with it!

Hastings is getting a 10 year contract extension at Minnesota State, they love him up there. The only reason he would have come back, in my opinion, was to play in the NCHC. I do see in the future Minnesota State moving conferences or even the WCHA disappearing all together. God Bless Dean but I think he just didn't have the energy any more to put the time in required. Hockey recruiting is tough in these parts.

Hastings is getting a 10 year contract extension at Minnesota State, they love him up there. The only reason he would have come back, in my opinion, was to play in the NCHC. I do see in the future Minnesota State moving conferences or even the WCHA disappearing all together. God Bless Dean but I think he just didn't have the energy any more to put the time in required. Hockey recruiting is tough in these parts.
Agreed. Would have been nice to have Dean a decade ago.

Hastings and I are good friends, we go back to the Omaha Lancers days when we sold out Aksarben all the time! He loved how I got the kids fired up to get to wear my Skunk Hat at the end of the game when they ether got a hat trick or the goalie got a shutout!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back