• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New to Lincoln..cable

we're back

Scout Team
5 Year Member
We're new to Lincoln. Signed up for cable but would really like to give it up. However, I MUST have national news (CNN, FOX or broadcast) and obviously want to watch the Huskers in the fall.

What options do we have?

Time-Warner, I think. I think that's the only terrestrial-based game in town.

There is always Dish or DirecTv, if you are looking for a satellite option.

TWC is the only cable game in town right now. However, I think Windstream is already available in some neighborhoods and will be full-service throughout the city in the next year or two. Also, Nelnet just purchased some sort of internet/cable provider that will be active sometime in the near future.

TWC is the only cable game in town right now. However, I think Windstream is already available in some neighborhoods and will be full-service throughout the city in the next year or two. Also, Nelnet just purchased some sort of internet/cable provider that will be active sometime in the near future.

Yeah, but Nelnet will lock you into a 20 year contract and require you to make monthly minimum payments.

Time-Warner is the same as Cox cable ?? Just curious.

And no Uverse fiber-optics is available ??

Cox and TWC are separate companies. :)

I don't know about Uverse. Hell, Charter might even be in the area, now that I think about it. A Lincoln-ite probably would know. I'm just going based on what I know from other things.

I'm not sure about Charter. The power of inertia is strong so I just stick with TWC, call them and bitch once a year to get my rates down, and grudgingly accept their mediocre product.

Cox and TWC are separate companies. :)

I don't know about Uverse. Hell, Charter might even be in the area, now that I think about it. A Lincoln-ite probably would know. I'm just going based on what I know from other things.

att-uverse-coverage.jpg

att uverse fiber optic state-of-the-art coverage map. Super reliable but kinda high price vs. another companies (past experience)

I was surprised New York is not available.

Last edited:
I probably asked my question the wrong way.

I don't mind keeping TWC for internet, but would like to drop TV. Can I stream national news and Husker games?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back