• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NEW POLL: Is Rhule the coach?

Is Rhule the new Huskers coach?

• 100% done deal

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • 90-99% - all that’s left are small details

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • 80-89% - close but no cigar just yet

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • 70-79% - it could happen but might not

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • 69% and under - we are still looking at several options

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters

Three of the all-time greats might disagree...but don't let stats stand in your way.

Nick Saban CFB record: 278-29-1
Nick Saban NFL record: 15-17

Urban Meyer CFB record: 187-32
Urban Meyer NFL record: 2-11

Steve Spurrier CFB record: 228-89-2
Steve Spurrier NFL record: 12-20
Nick Saban wasnt fired he quit and I believe Spurrier quit too. Meyer was fired after the infamous bar dance. Im sure you can dredge up all kinds of stats as proof of your position but it doesnt change the fact that Rhule was a loser and so was Mike Rhiley....in THE N F L and both were .500 coaches in the NCAA.

Nick Saban wasnt fired he quit and I believe Spurrier quit too. Meyer was fired after the infamous bar dance. Im sure you can dredge up all kinds of stats as proof of your position but it doesnt change the fact that Rhule was a loser and so was Mike Rhiley....in THE N F L and both were .500 coaches in the NCAA.
No, I was arguing your statement that coaching CFB and NFL are the same. Clearly to three all-time great CFB coaches they are different beasts. To which you said is "nonsense". Please don't try to walk that back:

Just so yall know, Matt Rhules NFL record and Mike Rileys are the same. Yussss saying all this garbage about the NFL being a different beast is nonsense, its played with the same ball on the same field with the same players. It counts.

I’d argue that with you, all day long, as I think Osborne is the greatest ever college football coach. Tom could have easily won more NC’s, easily. He also did what he did at Nebraska, which we are all seeing, is not easy. Saban, while a very good coach who gets it, does it with the best players at nearly every position, in an area where recruiting is more bountiful, and definitely easier. You can cal me bias, but that’s the truth. Just think, what if Tom was an Alabama guy? He’d have crushed it there, just like he did at Nebraska.
Bottom line Osborne DIDN’T win those National Championships, Saban CAN recruit, and the tiebreaker Switzer owned Osborne, pal.

Last edited:
Bottom line Osborne DIDN’T win those National Championships, Saban CAN recruit, and the tiebreaker Switzer owned Osborne, pal.
So could Osborne. I’ll take him 10 out of 10 over Saban. Switzer beating Osborne in the 1970’s, was the norm. No one was beating Oklahoma then. After 1977, they were even.

So could Osborne. I’ll take him 10 out of 10 over Saban. Switzer beating Osborne in the 1970’s, was the norm. No one was beating Oklahoma then. After 1977, they were even.
Saban7 Osborne 3
Only scoreboard that counts
And Saban still counting ,pal.
Plus in 2007 he took over an Alabama team that hadn’t been relevant since 1992

Last edited:
1978, beat Missouri, 1981, beat Clemson, 1982, the Penn State fiasco, 1983, kick the point after, 1993, screwed against Florida State, and 1996, half the team sick against Texas. He was a few plays or calls, from winning 5 in a row.
Woulda coulda shoulda pal

Saban7 Osborne 3
Only scoreboard that counts
And Saban still counting ,pal.
Plus in 2007 he took over an Alabama team that hadn’t been relevant since 1992
I’m aware, but just measuring on just titles, to me, is not the end all. More to it. I’m not arguing Saban successes. He’s had quite a run. I just think Osborne is better.

Just so yall know, Matt Rhules NFL record and Mike Rileys are the same. Yussss saying all this garbage about the NFL being a different beast is nonsense, its played with the same ball on the same field with the same players. It counts.
Well that takes Urban Meyer off the list. I always thought he was a pretty good college football coach until he went 2-11 in the NFL.

GET TICKETS

Back