• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NEW POLL: Is Rhule the coach?

Is Rhule the new Huskers coach?

• 100% done deal

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • 90-99% - all that’s left are small details

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • 80-89% - close but no cigar just yet

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • 70-79% - it could happen but might not

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • 69% and under - we are still looking at several options

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
What is your level of confidence that Matt Rhule is NU’s next head coach? I feel as though it is signed and sealed. Otherwise, we would be getting a lot of leaks on the back-and-forth.

Last edited:
Another poll?

here-wego-again-again.gif

I figure Rhule is a lot better then our former HC (not saying much) but how much better is TBD imo. I'd just like this entire clown show closed down and name our new HC. If TA doesn't have a deal wrapped up then I'll be very disappointed in his abilities as our AD.

I figure Rhule is a lot better then our former HC (not saying much) but how much better is TBD imo. I'd just like this entire clown show closed down and name our new HC. If TA doesn't have a deal wrapped up then I'll be very disappointed in his abilities as our AD.
I think that's a bit harsh of a take. Maybe you're referring to something other than the coaching search with the clown show comment? I think up to this point it's been anything but. It's been tight lipped for sure. If it's Rhule and it's announced this weekend then good on Trev. If it's Klieman and announced next week then good on Trev. If it's late December and it appears everyone is turning us down, then we can say clown show.

I think that's a bit harsh of a take. Maybe you're referring to something other than the coaching search with the clown show comment? I think up to this point it's been anything but. It's been tight lipped for sure. If it's Rhule and it's announced this weekend then good on Trev. If it's Klieman and announced next week then good on Trev. If it's late December and it appears everyone is turning us down, then we can say clown show.
The clown show I'm referring to is on here!!! WTH... every other thread is more speculation about hiring a HC! As for TA I stand by what I said that if he doesn't have things wrapped up by now I'll have to really wonder about his choice as AD. Just have to wait and see what happens after the game tomorrow.

The clown show I'm referring to is on here!!! WTH... every other thread is more speculation about hiring a HC! As for TA I stand by what I said that if he doesn't have things wrapped up by now I'll have to really wonder about his choice as AD. Just have to wait and see what happens after the game tomorrow.
Thanks for clarifying, yes it is a clown show on here, but did you expect anything else? As for Trev, will disagree for now. Time will tell how he's played this, but the fact nobody knows a damn thing leads me to believe pretty well.

To be fair, there is nothing nearly as post-worthy right now.

I wasn't on HM when the original clown show went down, so I have nothing to compare it to. Personally, I appreciate the way TA has handled this. He has done everything he said he would do and that includes giving the players a chance at a good season. It didn't happen, but I never expected him to announce a coach before the last second ticks off on the Iowa game. He wouldn't do that to Mickey or the players. I don't think we will wait much longer.

GET TICKETS

Back