• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Podcast: Beyond The Playbook with Bo Pelini

Bo's son is actually a pretty good podcast host. There were a few moments he droned on, but in general he asked thoughtful questions and has a good voice.

Is this all he's doing now? Did he give up on coaching? I haven't really paid attention to his career after the 2nd LSU stint.

This has the makings of greatness. I fully expect Bo to go off on the Big XII, former NU leadership and all kinds of random stuff.

If he can get Mike Leach on as a guest, it might be the best hour of football in your life.

let-him-go-mr-miyagi.gif

I love Bo. I was never one to be upset about his screaming, yelling, or sideline antics. He’s a football coach, not a saint. I actually loved his fire, and I think a good portion of the anger was brought out by an awful administration. He wasn’t one to kiss ass. Called it like he saw it. Obviously he was right with everything he said about them, but few would listen, only vilified him. He was miserable the last 3 1/2 years he was at Nebraska. He was also right when he said, Nebraska will miss me when I’m gone. If stupidity hadn’t run him off, just think, he could be 134-54 by now, using status quo. Other than Tom, he never had an administration of support. Imagine if he did have that? Those blowouts would have been far and few.

He doesn’t need all the crap that goes with it. He’s rich, doesn’t need anything.
So is Saban, Meyer, Riley and others, but they continue to coach at a high level. I was indifferent with Bo but thought it was time for him to leave when he did. I didn't like all the burned bridges on the way out either. I'm just curious, as a decent coach, why there is no demand anywhere for him at a P5 level anymore. Nor, as a coach with passion, he doesn't feel the need to keep coaching at other opportunities that most do at the level.

So is Saban, Meyer, Riley and others, but they continue to coach at a high level. I was indifferent with Bo but thought it was time for him to leave when he did. I didn't like all the burned bridges on the way out either. I'm just curious, as a decent coach, why there is no demand anywhere for him at a P5 level anymore. Nor, as a coach with passion, he doesn't feel the need to keep coaching at other opportunities that most do at the level.
Only the most ruthless continue to dominate after getting fat. That’s why there are so few great players, and coaches.

He doesn’t or hasn’t because there are too many people nowadays that don’t want the hubris that comes with him. The blowout losses did not help him either. The guy is a darn good coach, simple as that. Also, I don’t think he’s hungry anymore and hasn’t pushed things from his end. He’s fat and happy. If he wanted a job, he could get one, although not a HC as of now. Too many pussy cats that don’t like the screaming and yelling. It isn’t because of his skills.

He can't get a decent coaching gig at this point. YSU was another trainwreck.
Wasn’t that bad, LSU hired him for 4 million plus. He never had a spring to even implement a defense. The guy can coach, we saw it, it was evident here, at Nebraska. Once he had no support, he no longer gave a damn. I’m not even sure that is arguable. Not the best way for him to have handled that situation, but that’s probably just Bo, a weakness for him.

Wasn’t that bad, LSU hired him for 4 million plus. He never had a spring to even implement a defense. The guy can coach, we saw it, it was evident here, at Nebraska. Once he had no support, he no longer gave a damn. I’m not even sure that is arguable. Not the best way for him to have handled that situation, but that’s probably just Bo, a weakness for him.
No support at YSU either?

He can coach as a DC with some oversight. He's an immature guy that let's his ego get in the way of doing a job.

No support at YSU either?

He can coach as a DC with some oversight. He's an immature guy that let's his ego get in the way of doing a job.
Pointless to argue, but you might be right about his ego. He didn’t get stupid, he got lazy. Didn’t he take YSU to a championship game, or doesn’t that count? All I know is, he can coach. I think he was just pissed off, miserable, and probably did act like a baby, but everything he said was true. If you don’t like him, who cares. Since he left, Nebraska is 34-48.

Pointless to argue, but you might be right about his ego. He didn’t get stupid, he got lazy. Didn’t he take YSU to a championship game, or doesn’t that count? All I know is, he can coach. I think he was just pissed off, miserable, and probably did act like a baby, but everything he said was true. If you don’t like him, who cares. Since he left, Nebraska is 34-48.
I was ok he was fired, but the replacements have been hot garbage for sure. Too much ego in the hiring process and not enough looking for the actual best available. Frost is the exception of course, he was the best available by all accounts. We'll see if we're HC hunting again in a few short months.

I was ok he was fired, but the replacements have been hot garbage for sure. Too much ego in the hiring process and not enough looking for the actual best available. Frost is the exception of course, he was the best available by all accounts. We'll see if we're HC hunting again in a few short months.
I was ok with the firing also, because that’s what he wanted. His head, and heart hadn’t been in it for some time. Problem was, the wrong guy(s) was fired. A great administration and Bo would have flown well IMO. Still some regents I’d like to see ousted, but that’s a whole other story.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back