• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Old Pickup

• Thread starter Deleted member 3889
  • Start date
Toyota.

Rams are under recall for a variety of very serious issues, including differential lockups. This happened to a friend of mine before the recall... she was doing 70MPH and the rear-end locked up. She was in the right lane of a 3-lane road, and was able to skid to a stop MOSTLY on the shoulder. She's getting a refund on the repair due to the eventual recall.

When I bought my new truck, I avoided Rams for a variety of reasons. And that Chrysler products are crap. And they took government bail-out money.

My other truck is a Toyota, and I've had nary an issue with it.

Just my thoughts.
Mack, I'll never say this again, He's right.

My personal preference, based on the 3 options, would be Tundra, then Tacoma, then shoes. Wouldn't touch a Ram.

I've had surprisingly good luck with my 1998 F-150. It has "only" 145,000 miles on it. Starts every time I go to use it.

I looked so hard for a decent F-150 like yours. They seem to take a beating around here. I almost bought a 74 F-100. It had 4WD, a 360, and a small lift kit. Unfortunately, it needed more work than I have time for at the moment, but for $1000 it would have been a steal.

I decided on the Taco and after driving it, I couldn't be happier. I plan on putting a lift kit in it and bumping it up on 18's. This thing runs amazingly well for a 9 year old pickup with over 100,000 miles. Thank you everyone for your help.

I decided on the Taco and after driving it, I couldn't be happier. I plan on putting a lift kit in it and bumping it up on 18's. This thing runs amazingly well for a 9 year old pickup with over 100,000 miles. Thank you everyone for your help.
Great choice I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I'm on my 3rd Tacoma. Put 300k on the first two with no problems. Only have 150k on this one, and it may last me the rest of my life. They really overbuild them, according to mechanics I've talked to.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back