• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Old Pickup

• Thread starter Deleted member 3889
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3889

I'm buying a used pickup for errand running/recreational purposes. I've narrowed it down to am 07 Toyota Tacoma SR5, an 09 Dodge Ram SLT, and an 07 Toyota Tundra. All three have similar mileage and are in good physical shape. Thoughts?

I'm buying a used pickup for errand running/recreational purposes. I've narrowed it down to am 07 Toyota Tacoma SR5, an 09 Dodge Ram SLT, and an 07 Toyota Tundra. All three have similar mileage and are in good physical shape. Thoughts?

Toyota.

Rams are under recall for a variety of very serious issues, including differential lockups. This happened to a friend of mine before the recall... she was doing 70MPH and the rear-end locked up. She was in the right lane of a 3-lane road, and was able to skid to a stop MOSTLY on the shoulder. She's getting a refund on the repair due to the eventual recall.

When I bought my new truck, I avoided Rams for a variety of reasons. And that Chrysler products are crap. And they took government bail-out money.

My other truck is a Toyota, and I've had nary an issue with it.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm buying a used pickup for errand running/recreational purposes.
"recreational purposes"...
LOL
we all know what you really want it for...

51J3mltDXRL._SY355_.jpg

Toyota.

Rams are under recall for a variety of very serious issues, including differential lockups. This happened to a friend of mine before the recall... she was doing 70MPH and the rear-end locked up. She was in the right lane of a 3-lane road, and was able to skid to a stop MOSTLY on the shoulder. She's getting a refund on the repair due to the eventual recall.

When I bought my new truck, I avoided Rams for a variety of reasons. And that Chrysler products are crap. And they took government bail-out money.

My other truck is a Toyota, and I've had nary an issue with it.

Just my thoughts.
I appreciate it. I've heard the same thing from a few people now. I am a Ford truck guy, but couldn't find anything in my range, for now, that wasn't beat up.

Hey dude, when you get it figured out, will you shoot me a pm? I have some stuff I need moved... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

I agree with RRP on the Toyota recommendation. I have a '97 4Runner that has been an absolute pleasure to own. No troubles whatsoever.

I've always liked the 4Runner. It seems to be the most well executed SUV concept out there, in my opinion. I have an FJ Cruiser that is awesome twist on the Taco/4Runner platform. Very fun, and low/no problems.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back