• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Offer

Sweet. But how many have you seen play?

Obviously Eli. Have seen Jaquinden Jackson at Duncanville (although he's probably more of a running back), Dematrious Davis at Houston North Shore (listed at 5'11") Have seen some others on film with Guyer's QB coach (who interestingly enough has never had a starter fail to get a D-1 scholarship), stil think Eli is the best.

Yep, not a great look. I remember the controversy when he left Guyer going into his senior year. Doesn't seem to enjoy competition too much

For the record, I like Shawn and think he's a good kid. He was going to be the starter at Guyer his senior year unquestionably. His Mom and Dad got a job at DSoto and he transferred and was the Gatorade state player of the year. My problem was this: when we played DeSoto that year and Shawn came out it looked like he had dropped 10-15 pounds and was in much better shape than he ever was at Guyer. I'm not going to comment about why he transferred.

Yep, not a great look. I remember the controversy when he left Guyer going into his senior year. Doesn't seem to enjoy competition too much
As I recall, he left Guyer because the district had declared him ineligible for varsity competition his senior year because they determnined he transferred there for athletic reasons. Thus, he was only eligible for JV participation. It had nothing to do with a fear of competition. He understandably did not want to spend his senior season playing JV football games.

As I recall, he left Guyer because the district had declared him ineligible for varsity competition his senior year because they determnined he transferred there for athletic reasons. Thus, he was only eligible for JV participation. It had nothing to do with a fear of competition. He understandably did not want to spend his senior season playing JV football games.

I thought that was the other Desoto QB? Robinson's parents were coaches so his moves were typically when his parents would get jobs at new schools.

In any case, I'm excited for Stowers. He's a great athlete. Hoping we can make a strong push for the North Shore QB out of Houston also

You are getting him confused with Kevin Dillman and the terrible decision by the UIL regarding him. Shawn was fine as far as eligibility as his mother was hired as the girls basketball coach before his sophomore year. Kevin Dillman stayed his senior year at Guyer and played JV football games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back