• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Members

No kidding! I poked around there a little last weekend. Interesting to say the least. Also eye opening. And annoying. And funny. And weird. Even a little bit cool. I'll probably visit again someday.;)
I'd recommend the 24-hour rule. Here's how it works, if you read something crazy, and you feel like you absolutely have to respond by saying something, just wait 24 hours, say it to yourself, then punch yourself in the 'nads and call it a day. It'll save you a lot of pain.

Good advice. I generally am drinking when home on the weekends, so I was at least slightly prepared. I may need to pump up the volume a bit before returning, though.

I recommend reading the threads first. Figure out what's what. Maybe for a few weeks or months, depending on your constitution.

When you feel like you're ready, pull the band aid off and take your ass kicking.

It'll hurt.

Rub some dirt on it, dust yourself off and man up. We're all Husker fans (most of us anyway) and we'll get over it.

I'd recommend the 24-hour rule. Here's how it works, if you read something crazy, and you feel like you absolutely have to respond by saying something, just wait 24 hours, say it to yourself, then punch yourself in the 'nads and call it a day. It'll save you a lot of pain.

Excellent advice.

You can do it his way or my way.

Similar result, but the technique @Middle-aged_Ball_Coach is recommending takes less time and the recovery should be shorter.

I dipped my toes in there a little bit and got carried away a bit. Will never get that waste of time back EVER

If you're selective in your choice of discussion topics and who you engage with, there are actually occasionally some pretty good conversations in HT. Granted, that number has been dramatically reduced in recent years, but the do still occur.

I saw your comments in the RPO thread. Football coaching background?

No coaching background but I used to look at the Husker offense a lot. A buddy and I charted games from the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. So I'm good at play recognition during that time frame of our offense. Discussions on the TO offense it's evolution through the Solich years are pretty interesting to me. Lucked out one day and had lunch at the training table with Gill and Ron Brown, I had my questions ready.

My buddy used to have a website called Xs and Oz, there's still a remnant of it out there.

Last edited:
No coaching background but I used to look at the Husker offense a lot. A buddy and I charted games from the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. So I'm good at play recognition during that time frame of our offense. Discussions on the TO offense it's evolution through the Solich years are pretty interesting to me. Lucked out one day and had lunch at the training table with Gill and Ron Brown, I had my questions ready.

My buddy used to have a website called Xs and Oz, there's still a remnant of it out there.

Your buddy had a good site going there. I liked it, but I knew it had to take a lot of time to do what he was doing. Is he on HuskerMax?

I could access the site but the links from the site seem to be gone. Anybody else have that problem?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back