• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New B1G Commissioner

It is a media heavy hire of someone who really has no experience leading university athletics. I am a no one but his resume would not have made the first cut.

My only real question on the hire is how is he going be on the operational aspects of the job.

'Media Heavy' is actually a good thing in 2023. I'll agree that having to be media heavy isn't a good thing, but here we are and I think this is actually a pretty savvy hire.

An intelligent group of AD's can provide good input on the athletic/team side to the Media Heavy Commissioner and allow for a good balance of discussion and and thus, intelligent and rationale decisions to benefit the Conference, Schools and Athletes.

Is university athletics much different than a professional sports league at this point? Being COO of MLB is at least partially relevant. Throw in the fact he is a lawyer, and couple that with the fact he isn't Kevin Warren and it's a lateral move at worst with a higher ceiling :)
No question college athletics mirroring professional sports at this point. I think this hire unfortunately keeps the needle moving in that direction.

But you are 100% correct... at least we are finally rid of Warren.

My only real question on the hire is how is he going be on the operational aspects of the job.

'Media Heavy' is actually a good thing in 2023. I'll agree that having to be media heavy isn't a good thing, but here we are and I think this is actually a pretty savvy hire.
It is definitely a 2023 hire... not sure thats a good thing. It just feels like college athletics keeping moving further and further into the individualistic realm which thrives in the media. I'm old fashioned so maybe it is a good hire. Its just not a hire that I would have made...and that counts for nothing :Biggrin:

Terrible hire, but not surprised as college athletics continues to move in the wrong direction.
The guy is a tremendous hire! He instituted the 15 second pitch clock, widened the bases, and lowered concession prices. So expect 12 minute quarters, wider fields, and buy one get one free runzas very soon, pal.

College football is just like the NFL in many ways today. It’s entertainment FIRST because that’s where all the millions/billions come from to play for all inflated facilities and coaches. I figure this new guy can’t be any worse than Warren and just maybe he’s going to be an improvement.

The guy is a tremendous hire! He instituted the 15 second pitch clock, widened the bases, and lowered concession prices. So expect 12 minute quarters, wider fields, and buy one get one free runzas very soon, pal.
We shall see. He really cannot be any worse than Warren. Warren was an amateur.

Here is the solution…take it out of the future payments for UCLA, USC, or future members. Most likely it would be future members since agreements most likely have been signed with UCLA and USC. Tell them that they have to “buy” into the Big 10 Network and adjust the figures.

Future member…here are the terms or you can stay in your current conference. It really isn’t that hard.

360_F_61871364_18N7Ha2pFz02dotLzpsw7NXNBfXh9rW1.jpg

Last edited:

Here is the solution…take it out of the future payments for UCLA, USC, or future members. Most likely it would be future members since agreements most likely have been signed with UCLA and USC. Tell them that they have to “buy” into the Big 10 Network and adjust the figures.

Future member…here are the terms or you can stay in your current conference. It really isn’t that hard.

360_F_61871364_18N7Ha2pFz02dotLzpsw7NXNBfXh9rW1.jpg
Dream on.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back