• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Assistant Offensive Coaches

Were led to believe we would have heard about new OC hire by now. However, nothing but crickets.

I imagine it is more difficult to attract quality candidates given the potential of having the HC fired next year. For most this is not an attractive situation
Who led us to believe that? Maybe fan or media speculation but that would be it. I do agree this is not an attractive situation though.

Who led us to believe that? Maybe fan or media speculation but that would be it. I do agree this is not an attractive situation though.
This should have been done after the 2019 season. One would think 2 straight losing seasons would wisen up the HC. Nope, needed 2 more years of the same, then do it when forced and out of answers. That is not only stubbornness, but very stupid. Hope he can get someone worth a damn.

Were led to believe we would have heard about new OC hire by now. However, nothing but crickets.

I imagine it is more difficult to attract quality candidates given the potential of having the HC fired next year. For most this is not an attractive situation
Do you know we don't have someone by now? Maybe they are finishing their season. Maybe they are being respectful of their current situation. This is a useless thread.

Do you know we don't have someone by now? Maybe they are finishing their season. Maybe they are being respectful of their current situation. This is a useless thread.
We won't be hiring someone who is in post season mode. Oh yeah, the multiple HC who left even potentially playoff teams. Get real. If we had an attractive OC job it would have been filled but no surprise it is not attractive given who the person has to work for.

We won't be hiring someone who is in post season mode. Oh yeah, the multiple HC who left even potentially playoff teams. Get real. If we had an attractive OC job it would have been filled but no surprise it is not attractive given who the person has to work for.
This is borderline stupid. Conference championship games haven't even been played, let alone bowl games. Do you seriously believe that there's no chance we're hiring anyone that is involved in a bowl game?

I sometimes wish we were in Hot Topics so I could say what I really think about some of these posts.

This is borderline stupid. Conference championship games haven't even been played, let alone bowl games. Do you seriously believe that there's no chance we're hiring anyone that is involved in a bowl game?

I sometimes wish we were in Hot Topics so I could say what I really think about some of these posts.
Exactly, go to hot topics Damn it!

Again you are assuming we don't have someone hired, what if we do and it isn't public knowledge yet? I get you don't want Scott back, you and several others don't want him and that's fine, but he is here, and good Lord willing will be for several years. Why can't you just let this play out. Are you losing sleep because they aren't announced?

I get the frustration, but he already said he'd be unhappy if NU won 8 or 9 games next year. I feel sorry for Big Dzasker/Suhperman.

Lots of movement this week and I think guys are waiting to see if they are retained by new coaches along with what other opportunities might emerge. I’d expect to hear something early next week.

That said, I’ll eat my left shoe if we hire a coach away from a team in a CCG. I’ll eat both shoes if we allow a newly hired assistant to coach the Armed Forces Bowl vs. getting their arse to Lincoln to recruit and work the transfer portal.

Correct Frost has put us in a terrible position. It may be a little early for coaches to make a move as they are still coaching but It could also be the fact this is such a sh##t show, they are having a hard time getting looks for this position. Either way time with out coach creates speculation

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back