• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

New Assistant Offensive Coaches

we're back

Scout Team
5 Year Member
I have a suspicion that whoever Nebraska hires to fill its open positions will not be a first choice pick. Perhaps second or even third. It will come down to who they can get, whether due to money or concerns about the future of the head coach.

CombatTargeteer

Husker Immortal
10 Year Member
Wasn’t the whole point of firing the coaches with two games left to get ahead of the game, similar to what USC and LSU did?

the first signing period is coming up soon and probably want to hit the transfer portal hard. Seems like getting the coaches in place to recruit would be a priority.
It was my understanding NU did not fire the head coach but that the head coach fired four assistants. I don't believe that is what USC and LSU did.

Cornhuskers7

Recruit
I have a suspicion that whoever Nebraska hires to fill its open positions will not be a first choice pick. Perhaps second or even third. It will come down to who they can get, whether due to money or concerns about the future of the head coach.
I don't anticipate money being that big of an issue. We've shown willingness to pay assistants well.

I think the state of the program will be the biggest deterrent. How long will Frost be kept around? Do we have the talent around to meet expectations of the fans?

I've said from the beginning that we wouldn't get a "splash hire". My anticipation is the guy we get will be someone most of us haven't heard of and have to google to learn about. Doesn't mean it will be a bad hire. Just think we'll take someone that is an up and comer, not someone who is as well established.

NorthwoodHusker

All Big 10
2 Year Member
Wasn’t the whole point of firing the coaches with two games left to get ahead of the game, similar to what USC and LSU did?

the first signing period is coming up soon and probably want to hit the transfer portal hard. Seems like getting the coaches in place to recruit would be a priority.
Much of our recruiting system is done without the coaches.

This is about business, hirings/firings are considered/done under the radar until announced, as it should be.
Getting a jump by hiring coaches willing to uproot their families, resolve former employee issues, and disconnect professionally from their players isnt done on a whim.
Our knowledge on these things shouldnt be et known until these things are done, and only if they arent done right shouldit reflect on anyone involved, being a fan or not.
Doing it right is what we should want

Hville

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
Unfortunately this is my concern. As one of my former player friend said to me……I’m not sure the new guys credentials will be any better than lubicks.

I guess to me it comes down to this. Our offense can move the ball but not as effectively when needed. Much of that because we are too reliant on the Quarterback position. Our running game is deficient and I don’t know what the fix is. I don’t think our lineman are weak. I don’t think our running backs are terrible. I just don’t believe we create holes whether it be blocking scheme, play calling or technique/execution. I primarily think it’s scheme.

What I don’t know is that on the SF offense? The OC? Or the line coach? We are replacing 2 of the three. One for the second time with no change. I’m hoping it isn’t for the third reason or we are just wasting another year.

NorthwoodHusker

All Big 10
2 Year Member
I remember how unpopular the 'experts' thought of the Tony T hiring.
Some of our 'experts' were saying our D line would be not good at all.

We didnt get lucky there, we did it right. And the HC makes the call, after listening to his coaches

Bleed Red

Scout Team
5 Year Member
We won't be hiring someone who is in post season mode. Oh yeah, the multiple HC who left even potentially playoff teams. Get real. If we had an attractive OC job it would have been filled but no surprise it is not attractive given who the person has to work for.
I for one love how NU fans know how most if not all of the assistant coaches in the nation feel about SF and the NU program. Truly the most knowledgeable fans in the nation.

Frosty1980

Go Big Red!
2 Year Member
241bRZR.gif

Frosty1980

Go Big Red!
2 Year Member
It's probably because "this guy" is someone who has been ultimately wrong about almost everything he posts, then goes into hiding for a period of time, only to return with a different user name which he uses to post more inaccurate and uninformed thoughts. Hope that helps.
Wasn’t he Houston Husker or something once? Same exact abrasive posting style. I believe that dude got himself banned.

Last edited:

Hville

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
I for one love how NU fans know how most if not all of the assistant coaches in the nation feel about SF and the NU program. Truly the most knowledgeable fans in the nation.
Well we know there was an article this summer by his B1G peers that wasn’t flattering