• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New AAU Members: Miami, Notre Dame, and Arizona State

Academically you are right … but I also wonder about the private school aspect. Do public school leaders look at private schools differently? I know NW is in the B1G as a private school.

Athletically many schools utilize the walk-on program, maybe not to the extent NU does but still, Miami has very few players beyond to 85 level. Same with Notre Dame. Most kids don’t want to pay $50k per year to be a blocking dummy.

I do that now...............at home.

It's already too big to be a real conference, but being a real conference doesn't seem to count as conferences try to expand. If I were king, I would add some members closer in distance to UCLA/USC than Nebraska (I like the idea of Washington and Oregon) then shut it down.

I would go with KU and ND and Oregon and Washington. Just my humble opinion and preference. But who knows what the end will look like for expansion.

I would go with KU and ND and Oregon and Washington. Just my humble opinion and preference. But who knows what the end will look like for expansion.

KU brings a top notch basketball program but small tv market including Kansas City.

As far as adding more teams I’d only be on board if it was ND and pick another that you like. ND brings everything you want into your conference in Football, Basketball, and even Volleyball. A HUGE TV audience nationwide. Eventually ND is going to join a conference because with the size of conferences growing teams will down to perhaps playing only 1 OCC game a season.

As far as adding more teams I’d only be on board if it was ND and pick another that you like. ND brings everything you want into your conference in Football, Basketball, and even Volleyball. A HUGE TV audience nationwide. Eventually ND is going to join a conference because with the size of conferences growing teams will down to perhaps playing only 1 OCC game a season.
Right now the trend is towards 8 conference games not 10 or 11. Irrational in my opinion but the B1G is going to be forced to counteract the SEC’s insistence that they remain at 8.

Logic has it that they want to beat up on each other less, play three cupcakes and one national home-and-away game.

Somehow the SEC is enabled itself to maintain a high SOS doing this … I suspect it is due in part to a stellar overall non-conference record … even if that record is amassed against inferior competition.

Right now the trend is towards 8 conference games not 10 or 11. Irrational in my opinion but the B1G is going to be forced to counteract the SEC’s insistence that they remain at 8.

Logic has it that they want to beat up on each other less, play three cupcakes and one national home-and-away game.

Somehow the SEC is enabled itself to maintain a high SOS doing this … I suspect it is due in part to a stellar overall non-conference record … even if that record is amassed against inferior competition.
I’d be shocked if the BIG went backwards and dropped a conference game for non conference. I’d rather have only 2 OOC games as opposed to watching The Sisters of the Holy Water slip in. I agree it’s irrational in that shouldn’t be what college football is all about imo. I believe ND’s over all quality of oppoent will continue to degrade unless they join a good conference. I know it’s all about the benjamins so it will be fun to watch this soap opera play out.

Today

Today’s journalism? It counts for absolutely nothing.

dparks…

harry-potter-molly-weasley.gif

Last edited:
There’s a university In Arizona with a well resourced and respected communications department. Didn’t realize that would be such a controversial statement.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back