• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Never Have We Ever

Of all the Power 5 Teams Nebraska has never played, which would you most want to see us play?

• Boston College

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Louisville

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Virginia

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • Vanderbilt

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We played Pitt not that long ago in a home/away. I went to both games. Played Wazzu back during the 95 season - was our closest game (35-21)
As far as not remembering Wazzu……

1684976008899.jpeg

We played Stanford and Duke before I was alive, but the rest since.

Pitt in the early 2007 or ‘08

North Carolina in the 1978 Liberty Bowl (Randy Garcia comes off the bench and wins the day)

NC State in 1973

Miss St in the Sun bowl after the 1979 season (Jeff Quinn kicking some Bulldog backside)

Washington St in 77. Jack freaking Thompson. (Warren Powers was the Cougars head coach)

Edit: Added some additional info to each from memory. Couldn't on my phone.

Pittsburgh was actually back in 2004. Callahan's first year. Joe Dailey was QB. I was at that game in Heinz Field. Major flooding in Pittsburgh that weekend from hurricane remnants, with lots of road closures. The entire game, I watched docks float by with boats still attached.

EDIT: and in 2005, they played in Lincoln.

Both of those games were ugly to watch.

Last edited:

Pittsburgh was actually back in 2004. Callahan's first year. Joe Dailey was QB. I was at that game in Heinz Field. Major flooding in Pittsburgh that weekend from hurricane remnants, with lots of road closures. The entire game, I watched docks float by with boats still attached.

You're right.

I was actually thinking of the year after in Lincoln, but that would have been '05. the 7-6 offensive explosion.

We played Stanford and Duke before I was alive, but the rest since.

Pitt in the early 2007 or ‘08

North Carolina in the 1978 Liberty Bowl (Randy Garcia comes off the bench and wins the day)

NC State in 1973

Miss St in the Sun bowl after the 1979 season (Jeff Quinn kicking some Bulldog backside)

Washington St in 77. Jack freaking Thompson. (Warren Powers was the Cougars head coach)

Edit: Added some additional info to each from memory. Couldn't on my phone.
I believe Washington State was the only team to have a lead on the 95 huskers during the regular season. Took the lead on a long run. Held the lead for a couple minutes

EDIT: and in 2005, they played in Lincoln.

Both of those games were ugly to watch.
Was it Carriker that blocked two fgs in the 2005 game? VandenBosch?

I lived in Cambridge for 7 years and was there for two 7 week summers in addition. I have my fill of Boston, though for those who haven't visited the Northeast, it's worth doing and Boston is certainly one of the places you should go.

As for playing football there, I saw a football game played at the old Braves field, the home of the Boston Braves of the NL. I suspect I'm the only one on the board that did that. It was a dump. Never saw BC's field.

GET TICKETS

Back