• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Never Have We Ever

Of all the Power 5 Teams Nebraska has never played, which would you most want to see us play?

• Boston College

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Louisville

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Virginia

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • Vanderbilt

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vandi- Home and Home, Road Trip to Nashville! And then make sure we also have them on our baseball schedule!

Vandy since I'm only 30 minutes away in Murfreesboro. Plus I could take my wife, who has absolutely no interest of any kind in football and particularly in Nebraska football. Introduce her to the reason I am the way I am in the fall!
We play Tennessee in Knoxville in 2027

Last edited:
Just turned 54. Are those the only P5 we haven’t played? Just thinking of some that don’t come to mind:

Pitt
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Miss St
Stanford
Washington St

Scrolling the archives on the main page.

Just turned 54. Are those the only P5 we haven’t played? Just thinking of some that don’t come to mind:

Pitt
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Miss St
Stanford
Washington St

Scrolling the archives on the main page.

We played Stanford and Duke before I was alive, but the rest since.

Pitt in the early 2007 or ‘08

North Carolina in the 1978 Liberty Bowl (Randy Garcia comes off the bench and wins the day)

NC State in 1973

Miss St in the Sun bowl after the 1979 season (Jeff Quinn kicking some Bulldog backside)

Washington St in 77. Jack freaking Thompson. (Warren Powers was the Cougars head coach)

Edit: Added some additional info to each from memory. Couldn't on my phone.

Last edited:

We played Stanford and Duke before I was alive, but the rest since.

Pitt in the early 2007 or ‘08

North Carolina in the 1978 Liberty Bowl (Randy Garcia comes off the bench and wins the day)

NC State in 1973

Miss St in the Sun bowl after the 1979 season (Jeff Quinn kicking some Bulldog backside)

Washington St in 77. Jack freaking Thompson. (Warren Powers was the Cougars head coach)

Edit: Added some additional info to each from memory. Couldn't on my phone.
Thanks for the feedback. Ya, some of those were quite awhile ago. Should’ve remembered Pitt but also in 2007 wanted to forget about the Callahan and Cosgrove era.

Thanks for the feedback. Ya, some of those were quite awhile ago. Should’ve remembered Pitt but also in 2007 wanted to forget about the Callahan and Cosgrove era.

That Pitt game was Callahan against Wanstadt if I remember right.

GET TICKETS

Back