• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Never been more proud...

It's like Husker Nation is going through the 5 stages of grief, we're halfway there, we're at the "bargaining" stage. Unfortunately the last 2 stages are depression and then acceptance, gunna be tough getting to that last stage in our current world.

The five stages of grief is probably the best way to put it. I'm betting the season is done. The Big 10 is just the start...other conferences will follow, so there won't be anybody left to play. And even if NU gets around the legal challenges, what exactly would they be playing for? No conference title...no national title...would the record even count? It would be nothing more than a series of exhibitions. I suppose it would bring some fun and enjoyment, but very little passion.

The five stages of grief is probably the best way to put it. I'm betting the season is done. The Big 10 is just the start...other conferences will follow, so there won't be anybody left to play. And even if NU gets around the legal challenges, what exactly would they be playing for? No conference title...no national title...would the record even count? It would be nothing more than a series of exhibitions. I suppose it would bring some fun and enjoyment, but very little passion.

You're right, but at this point I feel like a lot of people would give anything for fun and enjoyment.

Have you ever actually met a Husker fan?

Maybe but they aren’t talking about playing elsewhere. That is what I was referring to.
They are indeed talking about playing elsewhere. At least their HC is.

When asked if Ohio State would consider competing outside the Big Ten conference, Day said that every option for playing the 2020 season would be considered, reiterating what's best for his players should take precedent.

“We need to look at every option and if that’s the only option at the time, we need to explore it and see if that’s something that we can possibly do” Day said. “If it is and that’s what’s best for our kids, then certainly we need to look at that and do it.”

https://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-...r-conferences-Big-Ten-2020-season--150111909/

Well, my head is spinning but I have nothing to do but hope. I've seen so many good points for both "sides" and so much speculation and incorrect information that it makes me really think there will be no football.

I am dang proud that DONU and Scott are at least being honest and direct. He must surely have been "allowed" to have said that, right?

I'm sure there's some high dollar people working every single angle (hopefully have been for quite some time) and can at least say that all options have been explored.

It would be a moment of Husker Nation Pride, the honor of watching our team represent the pride of Nebraska in a reality devoid of all hope....

...and it would have TV ratings rivaling the Olympics.

Has anyone read this agreement yet?

Doesn't DONU, overpay a small army of lawyers to read stuff like this???? Well, what does it say?

Edit: It's probably in the nondisclosure section of the agreement anyway.
if you recall, harvey perlman(lawyer and then chancellor) was the lead negotiator on nebraska getting into the Big10. If the contract he negotiated is anything like his handling of the athletic department during his tenure, we are totally screwed.

If one party doesn’t hold up their end of the contract then I don’t know why they would expect the other party to do so. I don’t think it would even be a legal battle. I don’t think the B1G would interfere at all. Hopefully the B1G does the right thing and plays this fall and we don’t have to find out.
Exactly. To put it another way, why should we shut down just because Rutgers and Maryland (or whomever) have to? This year is obviously an exception to every previous rule we've ever had to live with.

if you recall, harvey perlman(lawyer and then chancellor) was the lead negotiator on nebraska getting into the Big10. If the contract he negotiated is anything like his handling of the athletic department during his tenure, we are totally screwed.
everybody in the big 10 signs essentially the same agreement.

Exactly. To put it another way, why should we shut down just because Rutgers and Maryland (or whomever) have to? This year is obviously an exception to every previous rule we've ever had to live with.
this isn't about one institution shutting it down. It's about all of the institutions collectively making the decision to do so.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back