• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Netflix: Punisher

Rainbow Dash

Task Force One...This is Eagle Eye
5 Year Member
I’ve heard it is really good. I watched episode 1 last night. Can confirm so far.

it was just cancelled along with Jessica Jones. all the defenders have met their end now at Netflix unfortunately.

Disney is about to run its own streaming service, all of their content, including Marvel, will be there.

That's a big maybe on the Netflix Marvel shows. First, the deal with Netflix states that Netflix own the rights to these characters for 2 years after they are cancelled (or 2 years after last release date I can't remember the specific language). Second, Disney+ will only air G/PG shows and movies. Which means most Marvel shows wouldn't qualify, with all the 'violence' in them, they will be PG-13. But there is still hope, with Disney's acquisition of Fox, besides the obvious of bringing X-Men back to Marvel, there's Hulu which would now be primarily owned by Disney. The hope is that the Defenders characters, and potentially future shows (Daughters of the Dragon or Heroes for Hire anyone?) could be negotiated between Netflix and Disney and these PG-13, R rated series' could end up on Hulu. Future shows like Ghost Rider and Blade are also being discussed for Hulu. But as of now, these characters/shows from Netflix are done, and if they are brought back, may need to be 'rebooted' with new actors (not a bad idea for most of the Iron Fist crew) after a 2 year hiatus.

That's a big maybe on the Netflix Marvel shows. First, the deal with Netflix states that Netflix own the rights to these characters for 2 years after they are cancelled (or 2 years after last release date I can't remember the specific language). Second, Disney+ will only air G/PG shows and movies. Which means most Marvel shows wouldn't qualify, with all the 'violence' in them, they will be PG-13. But there is still hope, with Disney's acquisition of Fox, besides the obvious of bringing X-Men back to Marvel, there's Hulu which would now be primarily owned by Disney. The hope is that the Defenders characters, and potentially future shows (Daughters of the Dragon or Heroes for Hire anyone?) could be negotiated between Netflix and Disney and these PG-13, R rated series' could end up on Hulu. Future shows like Ghost Rider and Blade are also being discussed for Hulu. But as of now, these characters/shows from Netflix are done, and if they are brought back, may need to be 'rebooted' with new actors (not a bad idea for most of the Iron Fist crew) after a 2 year hiatus.
Thanks, I didn't realize it was this complicated!

Droppin’ knowledge!

Ghost Rider is now official on Hulu! It'll be the same character from Agents of Shield, but not a spin-off story.

I watched both seasons,
1 is by far better,
Just like ,HAPPY, season 2 so far is sucking
I am 7 episodes into The Punisher S2 and have already checked how many left in the season there are...not good.

I have only seen 3 Happy episodes so far and its pretty meh, which is what I expected. S1 was so outrageously different while this season seems to be trying too hard.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back