• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Netflix Documentary: Wild Wild Country

It’s a six-part documentary series about the Rajneesh cult which, in 1981, purchased tens of thousands of acres in Oregon to build a utopian city. Its presence sparked conflict with the locals, multiple lawsuits, a federal investigation, attempted murder and the largest bio-terrorism attack in U.S. history.

This was before my time, but how did I never hear about this before? Wow! It’s just so surreal. It’s really long, like 6 one-hour episodes. Thousands of hippies get roped into the cult and they start bussing I’m homeless people from all over the country. Just wow! I highly recommend this documentary if you are into that type of stuff.

Dash, I watched WWC for the second time. Completely changed my mind. The key thing, "land use", part one. For some reason, denied, unknown reasons ..... way out of nowhere, empty rural property, semi-desert, no inhabited people anywhere, no plans future improvements, very little wildlife, nearest town was 20 miles away. Why? If approved, completely different story. I bet no problems at all, law abiding citizens including Rajneesh's cult (Bill of Rights).

And Sheela? Not an evil person after all (IMO). Granted, she was a warped ideas and actions, you know, cross the law, but diehard Bhagwan followers, just like Niren. Keep in mind, she was a goody two-shoes until bio-attack thing.

Only question, Bhagwan was good or bad? I favored good .... could be wrong

what do you think?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back