• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Negative Nellies sure sprout on the board like bad mushrooms

eyesonNU

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
Fairly predictable. Most of the threads on the board this morning are voicing the same negative thoughts as each other. Just an bad echo chamber. Some of today's post originators have about a 9 to 1 negative to postive post ratio over the years.
Things aren't as bad as many posters would like to have you believe. The team has made significant improvements and will continue to improve. It's a tough conference. The players stood toe to toe with Iowa yesterday and didn't back down. They didn't get manhandled like previous years. They didn't give up. Sure, I get frustrated and complain and bitch during the game, but the next day it is time to appreciate the good stuff. Don't attack players. They are out there putting their health on the line. They are dealing with pain, disappointment, exhilaration, and all the crap that goes with being a young adult outside of football. They don't need to read or hear about overwrought criticism from board posters sitting in easychairs.
Stay positive! We should keep our perspective and just enjoy the games. It will get better over the next several years.
There are a lot of other good games on today. Have fun watching them and enjoy your families.

Last edited:

Fairly predictable. Most of the threads on the board this morning are voicing the same negative thoughts as each other. Just an bad echo chamber. Some of today's post originators have about a 9 to 1 negative to postive post ratio over the years.
Things aren't as bad as many posters would like to have you believe. The team has made significant improvements and will continue to improve. It's a tough conference. The players stood toe to toe with Iowa yesterday and didn't back down. They didn't get manhandled like previous years. They didn't give up. Sure, I get frustrated and complain and bitch during the game, but the next day it is time to appreciate the good stuff. Don't attack players. They are out their putting their health on the line. They are dealing with pain, disappointment, exhilaration, and all the crap that goes with being a young adult outside of football. They don't need to read or hear about overwrought criticism from board posters sitting in easychairs.
Stay positive! We should keep our perspective and just enjoy the games. It will get better over the next several years.
There are a lot of other good games on today. Have fun watching them and enjoy your families.

Little this year went like we wanted it to or like the staff and players wanted it to. It happens.

Onward and upward.

Enjoy the holidays folks.

Football for us Husker fans will be back soon enough.

Things aren't as bad as many posters would like to have you believe. The team has made significant improvements and will continue to improve. It's a tough conference. The players stood toe to toe with Iowa yesterday and didn't back down. They didn't get manhandled like previous years. They didn't give up. Sure, I get frustrated and complain and bitch during the game, but the next day it is time to appreciate the good stuff. Don't attack players. They are out their putting their health on the line. They are dealing with pain, disappointment, exhilaration, and all the crap that goes with being a young adult outside of football. They don't need to read or hear about overwrought criticism from board posters sitting in easychairs.
The team has made significant improvements? How, by going 5-7 as opposed to 4-8 last year? Some people are just calling a spade and spade. Nothing is as black and white as everyone tries to make it on this board. Voicing legitimate concern doesn't make you anti-Frost or against the program.

I'm sick of hearing the "tough conference" excuse too. We've just been that bad. The Big 12 was also tough when we were in it.

I'm not going to give up on Frost, but I'm also not going to pretend that there's not more red flags then at the United Nations.

Last edited:
The BIG is a cake conference. Everyone is beatable. We just have to a little bit better to win. Not great, just good.

I guarantee some are happy with the loss
tenor.gif

The BIG is a cake conference. Everyone is beatable. We just have to a little bit better to win. Not great, just good.

Things aren't as bad as many posters would like to have you believe. The team has made significant improvements and will continue to improve. It's a tough conference. The players stood toe to toe with Iowa yesterday and didn't back down. They didn't get manhandled like previous years. They didn't give up. Sure, I get frustrated and complain and bitch during the game, but the next day it is time to appreciate the good stuff. Don't attack players. They are out there putting their health on the line. They are dealing with pain, disappointment, exhilaration, and all the crap that goes with being a young adult outside of football. They don't need to read or hear about overwrought criticism from board posters sitting in easychairs.
I was thinking the same thing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back