• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Need prayers for my sister in law

My wife spoke to her sister and she is not doing well. She is going to see the surgeon tomorrow.
Praying for her even more tonight. You know God is all powerful and will do what's best.

I hope this is a good time to share this story. About 10 years ago, my sister went through a similar issue. She was very scared to have surgery, as she had never gone under the knife before. On top of that, we lost my brother just shortly before that, due to a PE following the same surgery. At this time, my Mom was in the nursing home with Alzheimer's. She was no longer speaking at this point, and had lost most muscle control, to the point where she couldn't even turn herself in bed. Dad told her the day before my sister's surgery, about the procedure and how sis was scared and needing prayers.

Later that night, in the middle of the night, Mom's bed monitor went off. The nurses rushed to her room to see what happened. Mom was kneeling on the floor next to her bed, praying.

May you, your sister-in-law, and all her family feel the peace that surpasses all understanding.

(Edit to add: my sister got through the surgery fine, and hasn't had any problems since.)

Last edited:

Praying for her even more tonight. You know God is all powerful and will do what's best.

I hope this is a good time to share this story. About 10 years ago, my sister went through a similar issue. She was very scared to have surgery, as she had never gone under the knife before. On top of that, we lost my brother just shortly before that, due to a PE following the same surgery. At this time, my Mom was in the nursing home with Alzheimer's. She was no longer speaking at this point, and had lost most muscle control, to the point where she couldn't even turn herself in bed. Dad told her the day before my sister's surgery, about the procedure and how sis was scared and needing prayers.

Later that night, in the middle of the night, Mom's bed monitor went off. The nurses rushed to her room to see what happened. Mom was kneeling on the floor next to her bed, praying.

May you, your sister-in-law, and all her family feel the peace that surpasses all understanding.

(Edit to add: my sister got through the surgery fine, and hasn't had any problems since.)

Thank you!

By the way my sister in law is married to a Lutheran Pastor

Just got good news the surgeon took the drain out and he said it's going to take a while for her to feel 100% as she had the symptoms for a couple of weeks before they started the antibiotics

Has to go back next week

Thank you so much for the prayers please keep them coming

Just got good news the surgeon took the drain out and he said it's going to take a while for her to feel 100% as she had the symptoms for a couple of weeks before they started the antibiotics

Has to go back next week

Sounds like the skin is holding up and shes responding to her meds.
You got it RR, prayers to her, you and yours

Has to go back next week

Hope she has no further complications and resumes good health quickly.

I've gotten where I ask God to bless all board members in general that may have health problems (some we don't know about) and then I mention current names of the day. ;) My prayers may not carry as much weight as some who have a stronger faith than me but I send 'em up anyways and know they are heard.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back