• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

need crock pot snack ideas for the game!

BleedinRedTilDead

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
I have my world famous lil smokies that I plan on cooking for guests for the game this Saturday, but I'm just wondering if anyone has some quick recipes for snacks made in a crock pot.....anyone?

Believe it or not, Chicken Wings. My son has the actual recipe(I can't seem to find it) but I am sure there are several on line. I was skeptical at first about doing wings n a crock pot, but they actually came out pretty damn good. It's worth checking out.

Got one that never misses.

Hot Shrimp Dip
3 (8 oz) packages of Cream Cheese
1 medium Tomato chopped
1 medium Onion chopped
1 small can Green Chilies chopped
3 medium Jalapenos chopped (more or less for desired hotness)
6-8 oz of Small Salad Shrimp (cheap package of frozen salad shrimp)
Place all ingredients in crock pot and let it meld together.
Serve with Frito’s or regular Corn Chips

And it freezes well!

Throw in a pork roast, rubbed with some Mexican seasonings, into the crock pot the night before, on low. Let it go 10-12 hours, pulled pork nachos, or pulled pork tacos...

I put boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs) in my crock pot, pour in one package of ranch dressing mix for every three thighs (2 breasts), cover with Frank's Red Hot, and let it go 4 hours or so, until I can shred the chicken. Once shredded, put the chicken back in the slow cooker, add 2 packages of cream cheese, and more hot sauce, so it isn't paste. Once the cream cheese is melted, add at least 8 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Blue cheese crumbles are an amazing addition.....

I have done a large package of chicken thighs (12-16 thights), and not had leftovers......

Last edited:
Block of Velveeta cubed, jar of pace picante, 1 lb of cooked ground beef.

Nom Nom

Cut hot dogs into 1.5 inch pieces, wrap them in bacon and fill the crock pot. Coat with Brown sugar and cook until the sugar is syrup. It's better than you'd think.

Also the shredded buffalo chicken 4ever posted is good. Do the same thing only add bbq sauce and pineapple, and it's a definite crowd pleaser.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back