• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebrasketball Golden Window Classic (MTE) is (Still) ON !!!!

"The University of Nebraska announces they will play in an event dubbed the Golden Window Classic hosted by Elevate Hoops. The multiple-team event (MTE) will take place Wednesday, Nov. 25 to Sunday, Nov. 29, and will feature games at both Pinnacle Bank Arena and the Bob Devaney Sports Center. A MTE allows D-1 schools to increase their number of allowed games from 25 to 27.

The eight schools participating in the event includes at this time Nebraska, LSU, Saint Louis, Northern Iowa, Western Kentucky, San Francisco, Nevada and Illinois State. With teams playing 2-3 games each we're looking at anywhere from 8 to 12 total games. Given the tourney takes place over 5 days, we're looking at 2-3 games per day at 2 venues.

Currently the plan is to sell tickets at Pinnacle Bank Arena only, and capped at 25 percent capacity. Fans will not be allowed at the Devaney Sports Center. Seems probable that Nebraska will play its 2-3 games at PBA. At this point the broadcasts are up in the air which means we could see a combination of games televised on sports channels (ESPN, BTN, etc) or streamed via PPV.
"

Last edited:
Illinois State has dropped out. And, No Tickets will be sold for the Nebrasketball MTE! :confused:

No Schedule has been published, maybe because things are still in a state of flux? There may not even be any schedule fixed until teams are on-site and available to play. It may not make any difference as no fans are allowed.
Not sure about media, i. e. TV/radio availability.

Last edited:
Saw this elsewhere re Media for the MTE. Basically likely to be broadcast on the radio; any tv is likely to be PPV.

This isn't a Nebraska event so the games that don't feature Nebraska will not be on the BTN and I doubt any of the Nebraska games as part of the event will be on the BTN.

Most every team in Div 1 is going to be playing on Thanksgiving week so I would expect that the majority of these will be on a a stream that one has to pay for.

The McNeese St game, which isn't part of the event, should either be on BTN or BTN Plus.

[email protected]

One less game for us.

And Here, just When we Thought we had a Schedule. SLU does this to us!!! :Stickouttongue: :Lol:

Scratch St Louis U, who has withdrawn from the MTE. LSU, who withdrew previously, was scheduled to play WKU on Thanksgiving Day.

Does this mean Huskers will be playing WKU on Thanksgiving?

Last edited:
Nebraska's Golden Window Event MTE may be falling apart (St. Louis, LSU & WKU have all just withdrawn) but as far as I know our opener vs McNeese State is still ON!

Last edited:

MTE (Golden Window) shows 1st game on 11/26 as vs TBA (but still at 1 pm :Confused:); 2nd game on 11/28 is still shown vs TBA & time TBA.

(BTW Huskers.com still shows McNeese St opener @ 11 am CST. (maybe BTN is showing 10 am Eastern?).)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back