• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska's Bowl Destination

Where Does Nebraska Go Bowling

• Rose Bowl

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • Capital One Bowl

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Outback Bowl

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
Looks like we're down to only 3 Bowl options at this point. Obviously winning in Indianapolis means a trip to the Rose Bowl, but if we lose to Wisconsin, we're down to either the Capital One or the Outback.

Why? Big Ten rules prevent a bowl from selecting a team that is +/- 2 wins away from the next best choice. In other words, they could pass on an 8-win team for a 7-win team, but could not select a 6-win team because it's 2 or more games difference in record.

As a refresher, here's the final Big Ten standings. The conference has 5 teams eligible for bowls, minus Ohio State and Penn State (probation). Note that Nebraska and Wisconsin have two options each, based on winning/losing the CCG:

TeamRecord
Nebraska11-2 / 10-3*
Northwestern9-3
Michigan8-4
Wisconsin8-5 / 7-6*
Michigan State6-6
Purdue6-6

<tbody>
</tbody>

Best case, we win the conference and head to the Rose Bowl. If we lose the CCG, however, we'll be still be 10-3. The Capital One bowl could in theory pass on us for Northwestern, meaning we fall to the Outback. But Michigan's non-con losses are haunting them now. They cannot go to a "better" bowl than Nebraska.

The Capital One is praying for a Nebraska win. If the Huskers lose, they can pass on Northwestern and pick Michigan - who draws large national crowds. If the Huskers lose, they'll want to avoid a repeat and probably be pigeon-holed into picking Northwestern.

Rosebowl or bust. A loss is never good but a loss in the CCG could cripple the momentum we have going both on the field and the recruiting trail. Give this staff 3 weeks to get our D ready and get everyone healthy and I like our chances against anyone in the rosebowl. 2 more wins to end this season and our recruiting could just absolutly explode.

If we lose I guess my pref is 'back out to the out back. And if steaks aren't included i might just back out.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back