• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska's B1G Conference Schedule Through 2025 is Set

Iowa - Rutgers? Come on, that is such BS. That's a significant long-term advantage for them over NU and Wisky. I really wish the B1G would balance the crossovers... West teams should play all East teams three times every seven years.
Beareye, the B1G could obviously use someone with your number skills.

I like the schedules Nebraska has been dealt. Who cares about beating Rutgers or Maryland.

I think with the imbalanced schedules however, they need to adjust the conference standings to consider only their respective divisions. The best team in a division could end up with more losses than a lesser team with the easier crossovers. If they are going to do this consistently it’s something that needs to be addressed.

2024, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State all in a row, two of them away.

MSU faces that trio - every year (although probably not in a row). It really is a tough battle to come out of the east.

Personally, I like the cross-over games against Michigan. It's so easy to dislike Harbaugh and I think we'll be able to match up with them well - by the time this is an annual series.

I'm struggling to see the reason for a randomly selected protected cross-over opponent.

Either you don't have a protected cross-over opponent at all, and everyone plays everyone equally,
or
You match the teams up based on recent success (example: conference wins over the last 5 years), so you do sort of a NFL model of a balanced schedule.

I realize they are trying to keep some rivalries intact, like Indiana-Purdue, but you can still do that and not have everyone else randomly paired up.

I'm open to opposing opinions to help me understand this.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back