• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs UCLA Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see hope with our db's after this game.

There is hope but our DBs had many chances for INTs and couldn't come up with one. I think one play that really stands out to me is the play where Baptiste let the WR take the ball from him on a key third down play. This is why I say they (UCLA) played with testosterine and we played with estrogen. Baptiste was there but he didn't go up for the ball with any conviction. He let the WR just take it from him really without a fight. Geez, we need to get mad when things like that happen. Instead, he looked bewildered and looked to the referees for a flag. Baptiste has the talent. And he certainly is tall enough. He's a former WR. The whole defense seemed to play that way.

That play to me summed up the whole game. They wanted it more than we did.

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't play with conviction, the results are not going to be there.

There is hope but our DBs had many chances for INTs and couldn't come up with one. I think one play that really stands out to me is the play where Baptiste let the WR take the ball from him on a key third down play. This is why I say they (UCLA) played with testosterine and we played with estrogen. Baptiste was there but he didn't go up for the ball with any conviction. He let the WR just take it from him really without a fight. Geez, we need to get mad when things like that happen. Instead, he looked bewildered and looked to the referees for a flag. Baptiste has the talent. And he certainly is tall enough. He's a former WR. The whole defense seemed to play that way.

That play to me summed up the whole game. They wanted it more than we did.

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't play with conviction, the results are not going to be there.

I remember that play and just saw it again going through the replay (painful as it is). To me he reacted like a WR in going for the ball; stretched his arms and turned his hands and poof it was gone. I think he reverted and then was shocked. It worked to our advantage last year against OSU.

.....and I am not saying they played perfect but I did see things I hadn't seen before from them; they were fighting hard in some cases and getting to the receivers arms and hands and knocking away and stripping. Just hope it continues and improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back