• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Troy Game Thread (9/15/18)

Penalties, turnovers, O-line play and general lack of discipline
I may be the minority, but I find it difficult to place blame on the oline. NU showed it wasn’t willing to pass downfield and outside of Bunch keeping it once, no QB threat to run all game. When Troy sells out on stopping the run, there’s only so many players the oline can block.

Play calling did Bunch and the oline zero favors today

So a legit question. With us having almost as many sacks in the 1st 2 games as we had all of last year, would we prefer to have half as many sacks per game this year or half as many penalties? I'm going penalties bc with that we could be at minimum 1-1. Terribly called game today. Bunch had better passing stats than I thought but every time he dropped back I winched like when Mr. Lee was our QB didnt do that last week with adrian. His understanding of this offense makes it hum for sure. Hope hes back next week when we are at Michigan as I will be in that stands. GBR

Sometimes I pee standing up. Sometimes I would rather sit down. It’s one of those sit down days....

This loss is on a lot of people. Bunch, the OL, Mo Berry and a freshman kicker who I'd consider benching and asking Lightborn to do both punting and PAT/FG kicking.
Bunch is not the reason we had 10+ runs blown up in the backfield. Bunch is also not the reason why our offensive tackles were whiffing on sun belt DEs in pass pro.

The "have fun, play loose and no fear of failure" on defense may have been misinterpreted to thinking it means play reckless. That can't continue. Unfortunately, the offense centers around the QB, and, right now we don't have one.

I may be the minority, but I find it difficult to place blame on the oline. NU showed it wasn’t willing to pass downfield and outside of Bunch keeping it once, no QB threat to run all game. When Troy sells out on stopping the run, there’s only so many players the oline can block.

Play calling did Bunch and the oline zero favors today

Play calling was part of all of the other issues addressed.

That, and I think we really should give Troy some credit. It wasn't all on our own ineptitude. Troy forced a lot of the struggles.

Troy is stronger....faster.....more enthusiastic..... and MUCH smarter than we are.

They took us to school today.......plain and simple.

Best team won.

I just can't believe there wasn't a way to get a TE up the field open off that inside run as many times as we ran it. With the box stacked and Troy selling out (because we ran it over and over) there had to be a way to use that against them. We tinkered a little with the swing pass, but seems we only made Troy defend a pretty small section of field on a huge percentage of plays. We just never adjusted--or couldn't.

Troy is stronger....faster.....more enthusiastic..... and MUCH smarter than we are.

They took us to school today.......plain and simple.

Best team won.
Agree. Their offensive coordinator out coached our defensive coordinator.

Quit saying um! You got beat . Didn't expect that, but it happens. An Alabama team, let's do better next time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back