• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Tennessee in the Music City Bowl 30 December

You lose by 59 points, and then lose by 30 points in the last game of the season to a 4-loss team....you really don't deserve to go to a glamour bowl.
the bowls are less about how good you are and more about butts in seats and ratings. Which is why the outback made so much sense.

NOBODY will be going to Nashville.

Nashville is a great city team should enjoy the trip. It will be full of Tennessee faithful the stadium is basically downtown. Tennessee is a real Jeckle and Hyde not sure who'll show up. They have a ton of talent and should be a real challenge. Much more to do there than in Tampa but it's not what fans had hoped for .....until the Iowa game.

I looked into going to Nashville but it was pretty expensive for that destination in my opinion. Pass.

the bowls are less about how good you are and more about butts in seats and ratings. Which is why the outback made so much sense.

NOBODY will be going to Nashville.

Oh I don't know. I might write a few country songs and see if I can make it big...

We lost our quarterback and had no replacement
our defense played like men livin' in Mom's basement
so we're bowling in Nashville
even though it's no Splashville
and we'll be overlooked to no one's amazement.

Last edited:

NU is arguably the 6th most attractive B1G team. What do you expect?
I expected Outback. Mostly for selfish reasons. I wanted to go. I have less than zero interest in Nashville.

Again, bowls aren't necessarily about the highest ranked team or who beat who....they are about eyeballs on TVs and butts in seats...hotel rooms. For those reasons I figured NU would have a pretty good shot at the outback. NU fans would have flooded tampa.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back