• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Rutgers Game Thread (9/23/17)

I'm sure alot of you "haters" are going to hate this post but our defense is turning into a big 10 west championship caliber team without alot of our best D players in. They will be scary come Wisconsin.
I tend to agree, but I would like to see how the Defense performs against some better offenses. Great job by the Defense in the last 2.5 games, but NIU and Rutgers have to be among the worst D-1 offenses.

I tend to agree, but I would like to see how the Defense performs against some better offenses. Great job by the Defense in the last 2.5 games, but NIU and Rutgers have to be among the worst D-1 offenses.

Also agree. This D is playing stellar football. As said earlier, without the picks from TL, this team looks awesome, thru and thru.

As noted, this team will improve each week; we will be topnotch, down the line. Just wait and see!

Our O will come around, as long as TL learns how to be a qb!

I'm encouraged by the defense and thought it was very positive to see the rushing performance by the OL and Wilbon and Ozigbo. Huge improvement over last week. Lee seemed to come back from his second pick and recover nicely. Whatever emotion allowed him to do that, I hope he can remember it and replicate it at will going forward. I'm concerned about whether or not a player with Lee's experience can make the drastic improvement needed to stop throwing picks. Also concerned that Langs and Riley only reluctantly turned to the run game (seemingly drug kicking and screaming) after two more picks by Lee. Yes, we need to be more effective at passing. But riding a dead horse that long before committing to the run game (with so many unsuccessful forced passes) may not give us enough time to come back against better competition as the season wears on. I'm hoping the improvement continues. GBR!!

Last edited:

Worth repeating
GBR!

BTN failing to recognize that. In fact, today, one show mentions us totally in a negative way, saying, in words, we stink! And, it will be up to the running game and our D to keep us from losing down the line; the other show didn't even bring us up. The only time they showed the field, it was to see that great foot catch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back