• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northwestern Game Thread

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Five of the final seven games will be at home kicking off with old "friend" Northeastern

Not sure how much I will watch as we have a family event out of town. Hope to be back to see most of it

Game will be broadcast on BTN starting at 6:30 PM CST

BTN Live pregame show will start at 5:30 PM CST

Pre/Game/Post can be streamed on the Husker App starting at 1:30 PM CST. You can also listen on your local radio station

Reminder please do not try and beat the word filter and do not personal attack other posters.

Have fun but be nice

Last edited:

For those who may not be aware, Northwestern's starting quarterback's older brother was a quarterback for Washington State when he decided to take his own life in 2018.

He was tested for CTE and it was determined his brain was the equivalent of a 65-year old with extensive damage.

"Tyler Hilinski shot himself in a closet inside his Pullman, Wash., apartment on Jan. 16. He was 21. Four months earlier he had been carried off the field after leading the Washington State Cougars to an electric triple-overtime victory over Boise State."

"And for Ryan, it meant playing football. Everything he does, he said, will now be for him and his brother. He switched his jersey number to No. 3, which Tyler wore. He tattooed an outline of the lighthouse where they spread Tyler’s ashes on the inside of his right wrist so the football could touch a memory of his brother on every snap."

Last edited:
OK, now I hate the game of football. I feel like a Roman countryman watching the Gladiators get mauled by lions cuz they failed to win.... but I digress....

Didn't take the time to post in the score prediction contest for Northwestern but I bought a bunch of pulled chicken, pork and brisket from Cam Jurgens Mom tonight and I believe he will have a break out game, maybe it's the brisket but I have a very good feeling... go Cam, lead the way. GBR

Last edited:

For those who may not be aware, Northwestern's starting quarterback's older brother was a quarterback for Washington State when he decided to take his own life in 2018.

He was tested for CTE and it was determined his brain was the equivalent of a 65-year old with extensive damage.

"Tyler Hilinski shot himself in a closet inside his Pullman, Wash., apartment on Jan. 16. He was 21. Four months earlier he had been carried off the field after leading the Washington State Cougars to an electric triple-overtime victory over Boise State."

"And for Ryan, it meant playing football. Everything he does, he said, will now be for him and his brother. He switched his jersey number to No. 3, which Tyler wore. He tattooed an outline of the lighthouse where they spread Tyler’s ashes on the inside of his right wrist so the football could touch a memory of his brother on every snap."
A sobering reminder in these very difficult times. Have to pay attention to our own and other's mental state. We all struggle in our way with something. HWM taking a moment to remind us all. It matters.

LET'S GO
Football Time! animated emoticon
CORNHUSKERS
!!!

BEAT THE NORTHWESTERN
iu
WILDCATS
!!

:Balloons: :Cheer2: :Huskers: :Cheer2: :Balloons:

:Hooray::Banana: :Mfclap: :Corn2: :Rockon: :Shout:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks