• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northern Illinois Gameday Weather Forecast -- Updated Friday, Page 1, Post #7

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
Saturday evening kickoff, 7PM CDT in Lincoln.

Eastern Nebraska has transitioned to a very warm late-summer weather pattern. Most of the next ten days in Lincoln are likely to be warmer-than-normal. That should also be the case this coming Saturday.

Looking at a daytime high for the early pregame festivities somewhere between 84 and 89. I'd expect to see some sunshine to go with that. (Sunday looks even warmer -- with 90 degrees definitely possible.)

Kickoff temperature should still be around 80 and look for temperatures in the 70s for most of the game. A bit more wind than the first couple of games -- but not strong. Likely somewhere in the 10-15 -- maybe 18 MPH at times early -- and generally out of the south.

Rain chances. Yes, once again, it's not a 0% chance. However, there won't be a front associated, so I wouldn't expect anything widespread or long-lasting. At most, a scattered shower or thunderstorm. Multiple models pick up on something late-day into evening in the South Central-Southeast Nebraska region. Again, doesn't look overly impressive from a precipitation standpoint. May not materialize, but I'll have to see how it shapes up in the coming days.

Last edited:

Saturday evening kickoff, 7PM CDT in Lincoln.

Eastern Nebraska has transitioned to a very warm late-summer weather pattern. Most of the next ten days in Lincoln are likely to be warmer-than-normal. That should also be the case this coming Saturday.

Looking at a daytime high for the early pregame festivities somewhere between 84 and 89. I'd expect to see some sunshine to go with that. (Sunday looks even warmer -- with 90 degrees definitely possible.)

Kickoff temperature should still be around 80 and look for temperatures in the 70s for most of the game. A bit more wind than the first couple of games -- but not strong. Likely somewhere in the 10-15 -- maybe 18 MPH at times early -- and generally out of the south.

Rain chances. Yes, once again, it's not a 0% chance. However, there won't be a front associated, so I wouldn't expect anything widespread or long-lasting. At most, a scattered shower or thunderstorm. Multiple models pick up on something late-day into evening in the South Central-Southeast Nebraska region. Again, doesn't look overly impressive from a precipitation standpoint. May not materialize, but I'll have to see how it shapes up in the coming days.
Thanks HWM.Like the sound of this forecast.Keep the great weather coming to Lincoln for a few more Saturdays.GBR.

Friday Update:

Once again, I'm wishing the weather picture would become a bit more clear -- and it's struggling to do that! Actually, if this was an afternoon game tomorrow, the concerns would be close to none. Saturday afternoon should be very warm and likely dry -- with partly cloudy skies. High temperature will pop to the 86-89 range. But there continues to be a rain chance Saturday evening in Lincoln that I wish would vanish. Alas, I still cannot discount this rain chance -- though I think it's much more likely to rain in Iowa Saturday evening/night than it is in Eastern Nebraska. Anyhow, slight chance of a scattered shower or thunderstorm at any point during the game. Definitely not a "yes, it's going to rain!" scenario -- so we may dodge it completely. But I can't say that with 100% forecast confidence. It's somewhere around a 30% chance of rain. I'll look tomorrow and see if I should fine tune that.

Pregame (Saturday late-afternoon/early-evening): Warm and likely dry. Temperatures in the 80s. South-Southwest wind in the 13-19 MPH range.

Kickoff (7PM CDT): Temperature right around 80. Wind South-Southwest at 15 MPH. Slight chance of a scattered shower or thunderstorm.

Halftime: 77 degrees. Wind South at 9-12 MPH. Slight chance of a scattered shower or thunderstorm.

4th Quarter: 74 degrees. Wind South at 8-10 MPH. Slight chance of a scattered shower or thunderstorm.

Postgame (Saturday night): Temperatures above 70 through midnight. Slight chance of a scattered shower or thunderstorm.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back